16:43:00
A+ A-

FEATURE: Tomorrowland resident dj Yves V takes the dj mag Top 100 djs pool by storm

In 2011, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike were spotted for the very first time in this illustrious top 100. As mere youngsters, they already scored 79th place, soaring to number 38 the following year. The rest is history. And now, once again, there's a Belgian DJ making a splash on the Top 100. Antwerp native Yves V has rocketed in at number 55. An impressive arrival that certainly won't go unnoticed. 

Yves V is one of the top DJs in Belgium and has already been making quite a name for himself abroad. Since 2007 he has been a fixture on the main stage at Tomorrowland and he can proudly claim to be the only Belgian DJ to have continuously appeared on the sensational Tomorrowland main stage for so many years in a row. His remix of Insane Pressure in 2009 was an absolute breakthrough in Belgium and received extensive airplay. In 2012 together with the Belgian producer Basto! he released the song Cloudbreaker. This highly successful release landed a well-deserved place at number 25 in the Flemish Ultratop, and at number 29 in the Dutch Single Top 100, but in Russia, the song was a fully fledged number 1 hit. At TomorrowWorld in the United States, together with star DJ Regi, Yves V released the track “Wait Till Tomorrow”.   

When the Top 100 list was announced on Saturday, he was not in Amsterdam, but in Brussels, where according to annual tradition, Yves closed out the concert by David Guetta.  Yves V: “I was just about to start my DJ set in Paleis 12 when I got the news that my name was at number 55 in the DJ Mag Top 100. I've never started a DJ set in such a great mood and I think that the audience could tell, I was practically glowing with happiness. It truly warms my heart to receive so much recognition from my fans who voted for me, it's acknowledgement of my work and a boost for my musical career. It gives me even more inspiration and energy and I certainly won't be letting my fans down. I'll not just be giving it my all, but 200 % in my shows from now on!



Additional info: