03:56:00
A+ A-

Interview with Adam Szydlik about his track Nivettin on Reason II Rise Music

 

Adam Szydlik is a Trance producer from Poland.

Was born in Warsaw. He has been listening to Trance music since 2003.

Inspired by producers such as Scooter, Ron van den Beuken, 4Strings.

He started his adventure with producing Trance music in 2005.

His tracks have been supported by artists such as Sean Tyas, Alex M.O.R.P.H., Roman Messer, Artento Divini, Manuel Le Saux, as well as popular radio shows such as A State Of Trance hosted by Armin van Buuren and Ruben de Ronde.

He has achieved his greatest successes so far by collaborating with the Suanda Music label run by Roman Messer.

He recently joined Darren Porter's label Reason II Rise Music with his track Nivettin.


The upcoming talent Adam has agreed to answer the questions from our legendary interview and here you can read his answers.

1-Dimitris: It would be nice to start by telling us your 3 most important achievements or goals fulfilled in your career so far that you very are proud of.

Adam Szydlik: 1. My biggest accomplishment in music that I have achieved so far is the huge support of my track Veliette which was played on the popular A State Of Trance broadcast hosted by Armin van Buuren and Ruben de Ronde.

2. Great collaboration with Roman Messer and his label Suanda Music where I released my last 3 tracks.

3. Release in label Reason II Rise Music hosted by Darren Porter.

2-Dimitris: Why and under which circumstances did you took the decision to start DJing or producing electronic dance music?

Adam Szydlik: I've always liked listening to club music, but I was very curious about the whole music production process, so I decided to learn how to produce.

Once I bought the album Scooter - The Stadium Techno Experience and after listening to it I thought it might be worth trying to learn how to produce club music.

As a curiosity, I will reveal that at the beginning of 2001 I was listening to rap.

3-Dimitris: Can you note down the top 3 producers that have influenced your decision to get involved in the electronic dance music scene and you admire and respect them very much?

Adam Szydlik: In my case, there were six producers.

Scooter, Ron van den Beuken, 4Strings, Sean Tyas, Paul Miller, Arctic Moon.

Each of them had a fantastic musical style, which I greatly appreciated and which always inspired me to produce trance music.

4-Dimitris: Can you tell us the top 3 tracks from the past that have influenced your sound the most and why?

Adam Szydlik: The Mystery - All I Ever Wanted (Devotion), One of the best Trance tracks I've ever heard, massive melody and brilliant vocals that I like to come back to often.


Scooter - Weekend, One of the best tracks I've heard from Scooter, the track has a brilliant melody and great vocals.


4Strings - Mainline, Brilliant track that has a fantastic melody and magic that makes the track a masterpiece.


5-Dimitris: It would be fantastic to talk about your track Nivettin released on Reason II Rise. Please tell us how this track came about and what was the idea behind it.

Adam Szydlik: My track was released on August 11 via Reason II Rise Music label.

I made the beat in a short time but I had no idea for the next part of the song so I took a break and after a long time I came back to the project adding the main melody and the rest of the elements and that's how Nivettin was created.

The idea was to do a massive uplifting trance that would work at big events.

My target was to reach the fans who most appreciate the massive and faster sound of uplifting trance.


6-Dimitris: How long it took you to produce it and can u describe the production process in simple steps?

Adam Szydlik: I think the total time was about a month.

At the beginning I did Kick, Sub Bass, Mid Bass, Acid Bass, Hat Loops, Atmospheres and later on Leads, Pads, Piano.

7-Dimitris: Did you had any particular difficulties accomplishing that particular track or any specific technical challenges or obstacles that you had to overcome during its production.

Adam Szydlik: I had no problems with this track, only minor EQ fixes.

8-Dimitris: If you would have the opportunity to change something in your track and maybe to do a new remix what elements are you unhappy with and you are going to change? Is there any artist that you feel would be fantastic to remix this track and why?

Adam Szydlik: I like the track at the moment and I don't think I need to change it.

I think a good remix of this track would be producer Allen Watts or F.G. Noise because I like the uplifting part of these producers and I think they would do a massive remix.

9- Dimitris: Which music composition software or hardware you prefer and why? What is your opinion of the latest movement to produce music with more analogue equipment and with less or without any digital software?

Adam Szydlik: I produce my tracks in FL Studio because I started my adventure with music production with this program and I work comfortably with it.

I believe nowadays analog equipment is no longer needed for music production, VST plug-ins are enough which are the best quality at this time.

10-Dimitris: Do you prefer vocal or instrumental tracks? If there are vocals on the track we discuss about tell us about the singer you work with?

Adam Szydlik: I like both instrumental and vocal tracks, but I think vocal tracks are much more liked.

11-Dimitris: Are there any vocalists/singers on electronic dance music you aspire to work with?

Adam Szydlik: Yes, very good vocals have Susana, Sue McLaren, Stine Grove, Ellie Lawson, Ana Criado, Victoriya, Christina Novelli, Jennifer Rene.

11-Dimitris: Can you pick your favorite top 3 record labels including the one released the track that we discuss in this interview and give us a short comment about why these labels are important to you and the music scene too?

Adam Szydlik: Currently, I do not have a favorite label, but I will mention the ones that once greatly influenced my musical development and gave me inspiration.

Discover - I remember the times from 2006 to 2011year in this label very often awesome trance tracks came out and many producers from those times keep an amazing level of production to this day.


Mental Asylum - Label founded by Indecent Noise.

There were amazing releases in 2012 and 2013 and many of the producers on the label gave me inspiration to produce in particular, I wanted to highlight the productions of Matt Bowdidge and Indecent Noise.

Night Vision - Label hosted by Simon Patterson.

From 2010 to 2013, great tracks were released there that had a very high level and a strong energetic style especially Will Atkinson and Simon Patterson tracks.

12-Dimitris: Can you pick up your all time favorite album and tell us why you adore it so much?

Adam Szydlik: Scooter - The Stadium Techno Experience

I like this album because my first contact with the club sound began with listening to the Scooter band and it was this album that made me want to start producing club music.


13-Do you post videos on tiktok? If yes please reference for us your favourite? What is your opinion about the power of tiktok to promote music releases?Is there any tiktok video created by fans of you with your music worth mentioning?

Adam Szydlik: I don't post anything on TikTok but I think TikTok can make it easier to promote music on social media.

14-Dimitris: Are you happy about the quality of the tracks released in your preferred music genres? Please justify your answer with your opinion about it!

Adam Szydlik: Currently there are many producers who make very good Trance tracks in the world.

Every month good quality trance tracks are released that catch my attention, but I will admit that I am a person with a rigorous approach to judging trance tracks.

15-Your current Top 3 tracks with short comment:

Adam Szydlik: Madwave - Iceberg (F.G. Noise Remix), I really like the work of this producer because it is characterized by a strong trance style and this track contains everything I am looking for at the moment.


Derek Palmer & Hidden Tigress - Drifting Apart (Mike Zaloxx Extended Remix), A great energetic track which additionally has a very good vocal.


Allen Watts - Spectral, Very good main melody and a massive bass line, which is what I like the most.


16-Dimitris: Please note for all the new talents that read this interview to get some inspiration from you any technical tips in relation to your DJing or music productions. Also any piece of personal or music business' advice that has helped you to progress even further and is worth telling to the new upcoming talents.

Adam Szydlik: 1. Give yourself time to learn.

2. Specify the style you want to produce.

3. Use the help of courses or familiar producers.

4. Never give up, just keep working.

5. Success awaits you.


17-Dimitris: Many producers and DJs offer online masterclasses or teach to music production & DJing courses. Do you believe is essential to take part in any of these courses to develop your skills? Are you are offering any of these services? or other related services like ghost-producing or mastering? please tell us about these activities

Adam Szydlik: I think it is worth using a music production course to get good results in a faster time than on your own, but on the other hand, when you learn it yourself, you have more satisfaction that you have achieved good results.

I currently do not offer such services.

18-Dimitris: Is there a club classic that you would like to remix or rework in 2023? Do you attempt often to do your own bootlegs of classics?

Adam Szydlik: The Mystery - All I Ever Wanted (Devotion)

I generally prefer to create my own tracks.

19-Dimitris: How much do you care if your fans or followers like your productions? Do you struggle with the audience reception of your tracks and is this thought adds extra pressure on you and discourage you too?

Adam Szydlik: I do not have a problem with that.

20-Dimitris: Can you describe your music as certain music genre such as trance, house, techno or your music exempts these categorizations? What is your opinion about hybrid styles and artists who are attempting to mix influences from various genres in their tracks?

Adam Szydlik: Massive and energetic uplifting trance.

There's nothing wrong with combining different styles of music.

21-Dimitris: Do you believe that audience should be banned from constantly taking photos or videos during DJ sets or are you happy with these activities?

Adam Szydlik: There's nothing wrong with that, it's nice to have a photo or video of your favorite event.


Dimitris: Your message & wishes for Flux Bpm Online readers.

Adam Szydlik: Thank you very much and greetings to all Flux Bpm Online readers and all fans of trance music.

By the way, I want to greet my family and my most important friends Karol, Hubert, Krzysztof, Arkadiusz, Dawid.

You can buy Nivettin here: https://hypeddit.com/adamszydlik/nivettin

Thanks to the Adam for his awesome answers.

Thanks to Tim from Reason II Rise team for arranging this great interview.

Additional info:
https://www.facebook.com/people/Adam-Szydlik/100090667508599/
https://www.instagram.com/adam.szydlik/
www.R2Rmusic.com
www.soundcloud.com/r2rmusicofficial
www.facebook.com/r2rmusicofficial
www.twitter.com/RIIRMusic
www.instagram.com/R2RMusicOfficial