
Beatport Mixes, the
acclaimed platform for DJ mixes, proudly announces a very special
presentation by Ferry Corsten. The Dutch trance god has the honor of
being chosen to be the frontpage headliner and to showcase his
outstanding "Once Upon a Night, Vol.3" mix compilation in a unique
two-part Beatport Mix. Beatport Mixes is the one place where DJs can
profile themselves and where visitors can purchase their DJ mixes and
unmixed tracks.
After years of racking up countless chart-topping tracks and remixes, Netherlands trance icon Ferry Corsten dropped his album Once Upon a Night in 2010, and it’s since become a signature part of his brand. He’s turned the release into a tour experience and has subsequently made it into a series, the third installment of which he released last year. Now Corsten is back with a very special two-part Beatport Mix which incorporates all of that music into a pair of hour-plus sets. To honor the occasion, we floated a few quick questions past the longtime producer/DJ to get his thoughts on the mix and to see what we should expect from him in the year to come.
After years of racking up countless chart-topping tracks and remixes, Netherlands trance icon Ferry Corsten dropped his album Once Upon a Night in 2010, and it’s since become a signature part of his brand. He’s turned the release into a tour experience and has subsequently made it into a series, the third installment of which he released last year. Now Corsten is back with a very special two-part Beatport Mix which incorporates all of that music into a pair of hour-plus sets. To honor the occasion, we floated a few quick questions past the longtime producer/DJ to get his thoughts on the mix and to see what we should expect from him in the year to come.
Beatport: What was your
approach to song selection for Once Upon a Night Vol. 3?
Ferry Corsten: When I first started with the Once Upon a Night
series, it was really hard to select all the tracks. There were so many
submissions that I wished to use but I had to drop a lot of them. During the
track selection for OUAN 3 it became a lot easier because of the experience I
had with the selection of OUAN 1 and 2. I don’t have a specific tracklist or
style in mind when I begin selecting the tracks. I just listen and try to hear
which tracks work well together and so on.
Beatport: Do you have a
couple particular favorite tracks you’ve included?
Ferry Corsten: I have quite a lot of favorites from the compilation.
To name a few, Analogue Sound Department’s “Greetings,” Yuri Kane feat. Jeza’s
“Love Comes,” Cosmic Gate’s “Crushes,” Ferry Corsten vs. Markus Schulz’s
“Stella,” and “Give It to Them” by Festen. I have been playing these tracks
during my live sets and the reaction of the crowd is always so great whenever I
play them.
Beatport: What’s your
preferred gear setup for recording a mix?
Ferry Corsten: Two CDJ-2000s, a DJM-2000 mixer and my Mac.
Beatport: Any highlights
of 2012 that you’d like to tell us about?
Ferry Corsten: There have been many, really. The two Corsten’s
Countdown specials have been amazing. The Full On shows in Ibiza and the big
festivals during the summer were definitely some of my highlights of 2012.
Beatport: What should we
keep our eyes out for in 2013?
Ferry Corsten: I will be hosting new Full On shows in 2013, which are
going to be amazing. I will also be releasing new music which you should definitely
check out!
Check the Original Beatport news item click here
Check Beatport Mixes mainpage click here
Links to download both mixes by Ferry Corsten:
Click here for Mix 1
Click here for Mix 2
Check Beatport Mixes mainpage click here
Links to download both mixes by Ferry Corsten:
Click here for Mix 1
Click here for Mix 2
Check Flux BPM Online interview with Ferry Corsten at ADE 2012
Additional info: