05:35:00
A+ A-

Interview with Emmy Skyer from Mexico about his track Next Dimension on FSOE Clandestine


Emmy Skyer he a DJ and producer originally from Mexico.

He began her career as a DJ at the age of 18.

His career as a producer took off when he managed to sign his first original song with Redux Recordings; Since then he has not stopped working hard, consolidating his own style and taking his music to renowned labels such as: FSOE [Clandestine], Black Hole Recordings [HeavensGate], Monster Tunes, Pharmacy Music, Metamorph Recordings, Radiation Recordings, Aerodynamica Music, Exetra Records, Phoenix Recordings , among many others.

Emmy Skyer is an artist always on the move, pushing her style beyond its limits, mastering different ranges of styles and sounds, from melodic and emotional, with some Uplifting Trance, to acid and bombarding like Techno, PsyTrance and Tech Trance, such skills have made him a name on the national and international scene.

He currently has his radio program called "Sound Waves Radio" an exclusive program broadcast by Trance Energy Radio.

At the moment there is a huge buzz about his name with his latest release Next Dimension on FSOE Clandestine, the label curated by Stoneface & Terminal. It's perfect occasion to catch up with him and talk about his latest release plus his background in music so far! Enjoy reading this!


1-Dimitris: It would be nice to start by telling us your 3 most important achievements or goals fulfilled in your career so far that you very are proud of.

Emmy: The first would undoubtedly be to sign in FSOE, it is a dream, I always imagined that this day would arrive and I have achieved it. The second objective for which I feel proud is... having shared a booth with Spartaque, I had the pleasure of playing in the same event as him, in CDMX. And finally the time I signed on Black Hole Recordings' HeavensGate. My entire career so far is synonymous with feeling proud, I simply love every track I make.

2-Dimitris: Why and under which circumstances did you took the decision to start DJing or producing electronic dance music?

Emmy: When I was a child I was always a fan of electronic music, just like many people, I had idols that made me want to dedicate myself to this beautiful career. I owe everything to them, my dreams, achieving my goals, that feeling you feel when you see them on stage making people dance. I wanted to experience that, I wanted to connect with people through my music. I must say that it is the best decision I have ever made.

3-Dimitris: Can you note down the top 3 producers that have influenced your decision to get involved in the electronic dance music scene and you admire and respect them very much?

Emmy: Armin Van Buuren is my biggest idol which is why I wanted to dedicate myself to music, another producer who had a lot of influence was undoubtedly Tiesto and finally Paul Van Dyk.
 

4-Dimitris: It would be fantastic to talk about your Next Dimension on FSOE Clandestine Please tell us how this track came about and what was the idea behind it.

Emmy: "Next Dimension" is my most current track and I dare say my favorite so far. The idea behind my track was to make a track with the current sounds of trance and techno, adapting them to my style. That is why in it you can find a great fusion of these genres. And my source of inspiration, there is no doubt that it is my dream... the desire to get to where I have set out to be.


5-Dimitris: How long it took you to produce it and can u describe the production process in simple steps?

Emmy: It took me about a week to finish it, the process was simple, one day I do the entire base, another day the melody, synths, fx, etc. The next day the arrangement and finally I worked on the mix and the master.

6-Dimitris: If you would have the opportunity to change something in your track and maybe to do a new remix what elements are you unhappy with and you are going to change? Is there any artist that you feel would be fantastic to remix this track and why?

Emmy: For me it's perfect, I wouldn't change anything. And an artist that would be fantastic to do a remix would be Armin Van Buuren, I love his music and it would be a dream.

7- Dimitris: Which music composition software or hardware you prefer and why? What is your opinion of the latest movement to produce music with more analogue equipment and with less or without any digital software?

Emmy: I love Ableton Live, it is very comfortable for me to work with it, the workflow is fast.

The analog sound is undoubtedly the best in my taste, it's not for nothing that 80's music sounds incredible.

8-Dimitris: Can you pick your favorite top 3 record labels including the one released the track that we discuss in this interview and give us a short comment about why these labels are important to you and the music scene too?

Emmy: My three favorite labels are FSOE, Armada and Black Hole Recordings. I think that in my opinion they are the three most outstanding labels in the Trance genre, and currently in other different genres such as Techno, Progressive, to name a few.


9-Dimitris: Do you have your own record label? if yes tell us when did you set it up, the reasons behind this decision and your top 3 releases on the label so far plus 2 or 3 releases that we should look after from your label.

Emmy: I don't have it yet, but a medium-term goal is without a doubt to have my own label.

10-Dimitris: Are you planning to complete an album or mix compilation soon? if yes please give us all the details about regarding tracks and how will look and sound like? 

Emmy: It is in plans, not yet soon but in the future to be able to release my first album.

11-Dimitris: Can you pick up your all time favorite album or compilation and tell us why you adore it so much?

Emmy: Difficult question, there have been so many that I have liked that it is difficult to choose one. But all of Tiesto's "In Search Of Sunrise" are a beauty and what can we say about Armin Van Buuren's "State Of Trance" compilations are amazing.


12-Dimitris:How much time do you spend promoting yourself in your social media and you see this as essential tool for self promotion and getting bookings too? Which social media is the one that seems to work better for you?

Emmy: I dedicate the necessary time to it, nowadays everything is through networks so of course it is essential to promote a launch, a show, it helps you a lot. The networks that are my favorites are Facebook, Instagram and X.

13-Dimitris: Do you have your own radio show/podcast/twitch stream or Vlog(video blog)? If yes please give us a comment about it and how long it take you to prepare for it and if you are always excited to produce it?

Emmy: Yes I currently have my program called "Sound Waves Radio" it is an exclusive program of Trance Energy Radio. It is broadcast the first and third week of the month. Without a doubt, I prepare each new episode calmly, listen to promos and choose what I consider should be listened to and what I like of course hehe.


14-Your current Top 3 tracks with short comment:

Emmy: "Next Dimension" My best work so far

"Aleria" The title is a combination of my parents' name.


"Fly" Theme dedicated to my best friend, the facellio.


15-Dimitris: Please note for all the new talents that read this interview to get some inspiration from you any technical tips in relation to your DJing or music productions. Also any piece of personal or music business' advice that has helped you to progress even further and is worth telling to the new upcoming talents. 

Emmy: If I could advise you something it would be... don't give up on your dreams, no matter how difficult it may seem.

Effort, dedication, patience and the desire to achieve what you want is a good combination. Continue working day by day, not only professionally, but also personally.

16-Dimitris: Can you describe your music as certain music genre such as trance, house, techno or your music exempts these categorizations? What is your opinion about hybrid styles and artists who are attempting to mix influences from various genres in their tracks? 

Emmy: I like Trance, Techno, Psy, I couldn't define my music in a single musical genre. I am always producing three styles, music is to be enjoyed and it doesn't matter if you like different genres, it is always good to experiment.

17-Dimitris: Do you believe that audience should be banned from constantly taking photos or videos during DJ sets or are you happy with these activities? 

Emmy: I think you can't prohibit the public from doing something like that, I've already said it, we owe everything to our public.

18-Dimitris: Do you prefer small clubs or huge festivals to perform? in which festivals or clubs you aspire to play in the future?

Emmy: Both, playing in clubs or festivals is great, the atmosphere is different, but I do prefer both.
Clubs:
Space Ibiza, Ibiza.
Amnesia, Ibiza.
Pacha, Ibiza.

Festivals:
EDC
Ultra
Luminosity
Tomorrowland

Dimitris: Your message & wishes for Flux Bpm Online readers.

Emmy: Thank you for taking the time to read me, for letting me share some words. I wish you all the best and may all your dreams come true.

Thanks to Emmy for his time to reply with such fantastic answers his interview. 

Thanks to Stuart at FSOE office for organizing this top interview.


Additional info: