22:39:00
A+ A-

INTERVIEW: Azotti talks about his new project WHITE STAR and his track MCMLXXXV out on Magik Muzik / Black Hole recordings

 


"This is my big personal story, a story that is some years long, from the beginning idea to the final product, a story of depressions, pandemics, difficult experiences... and at the end of the war…

Originally, the idea for the track was inspired by the movie Bladerunner 2049, but then when the war started, I dedicated it to my hometown Kyiv and all our heroes who protect my country.

Right now, releasing my first release for a long time and a mini album on vinyl with the name "MCMLXXXV". For me personally, this is the most important achievement of my life, and the news, although it may not be large-scale, is international.

The release is represented by the Black Hole Recordings label. And of course you know it will be on a great Vinyl mini album. Personally represented by Arny Bink, the CEO of the label and ex Tiësto's director 1997-2010, and UK Manufacturer The Record Republic and CEO Chris Hampsphire, who actually united to produce this Exclusive Collector's Limited Edition in 300 copies. All profits from vinyl sales going directly to help the Armed Forces of Ukraine & those that are in the most need.  Here you can listen and buy: https://therecordrepublic.com/

In addition to all this, on the back there are even Patriotic Ukrainian symbols and thankful words to Family, Friends, the President Volodymyr Zelensky and the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

Also the vinyl includes his big hit First Kiss totally remastered with new top bassline to make the crowd dance once again.


Some Interesting Facts About The Release MCMLXXXV

1) The design of the release cover I made personally, because I don’t have the money for the designer.

2) This new lead track from my B-side Azotti project “WHITE STAR”, the track and mini album title ‘MCMLXXXV’ is the year of my birth in Latin - 1985.

3) In this difficult time, we made and dedicated an incredible video to my native brave city - Kyiv before the war and now.

4) This Release was at risk of not being released because I could have been killed at least a few times, the war forced me to act.

I would like to add that despite the difficult time for all of us, I did not leave the country, I stayed and helped the guys on the front lines in every possible way. I believe in the Armed Forces and our Victory!

P.S. One day I will cease to exist, But music will remain after me..."  Words by Azotti


Quick Interview with Azotti about the current situation in his country contacted by messenger:

Dimitris: How do you spend ur day? Do u have electricity? internet? food?
Can u buy essential items to leave? Are there clubs or nightlife? or everything is closed?

Azotti: Now the situation is a little better, with electricity, because the Russians began to inflict less missile strikes on our energy infrastructure, we have time to some recover. However, a few days ago there was another attack of missiles and kamikaze drones.

I am mentally and physically exhausted after a year of war... So, What kind of language can one talk about creativity, music? I don't know. I just want it to be silent.  Just not waiting for a ballistic missile to fall on my head

However, after 2-3 months without a studio, I gradually show interest in music, and there is electricity more, I even sometimes started to do something.

Well, at the beginning of the war, a missile exploded nearby, I had concussion, I had bad hearing for almost 3 months.  can you imagine  how is it to a musician?, it's bad to hear and not listen to music...


Dimitri: Do u know if there is any well know electronic music producer amongst the dead from the war in Ukraine?

Azotti: To be honest I don't know... but I have one story. I had an acquaintance Olga Gudym, she was the biggest fan of Armin in Ukraine among anyone I knew….  she died, her heart could not withstand this horror, war, missiles attacks.  She was a very good person. She died march of 23th. After months of the war. By the way, in the summer of 2021, when I performed at the big Ukrainian festival Atlas, together with Fatboy Slim, my headphones broke.  And before the performance I took Ola's headphones (she had cool ones) Technics RPDJ- 1200. So I performed, everything went great.  But after that, we arranged to meet many times so that I could return her headphones, but it never worked out, because I had things to do, she had things to do.  And then she is died. These headphones remained with me, I keep them as a talisman...

Last week in Kyiv, I had little performance, basement dance floor, it works as a shelter kyivs club Forsage, it was some peoples. I recorded it on a video. Playing mostly melodic house melodic techno
Not trance.

I am grateful to my family, friends, Volodymyr Zelenskyi, the Armed Forces of Ukraine, and of course special thanks to Arny Bink.. without you all none of this would have happened, there would not have been me

Thanks to Azotti for taking some time despite the difficulties of the war to talk with us. Hopefully we will meet in person in the near future. We wish him all the best and to stay strong and healthy.

Buy and support the release HERE


Additional info:
Instagram Azotti: https://www.instagram.com/azottimusic/
Instagram WHITE STAR: https://www.instagram.com/whitestardeejay/
Facebook personal: https://www.facebook.com/azottimusic/
Facebook Azotti Musician Dj: https://www.facebook.com/AzottiOfficial
Facebook WHITE STAR: https://www.facebook.com/WhiteStarWorld/
YouTube Azotti: https://www.youtube.com/Azottimusic/
Twitter Azotti: https://twitter.com/Azotti
Wiki Azotti: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azotti