20:46:00
A+ A-

Best of 2018 Interview with producer and DJ Fisical Project



Fisical Project is a young Spanish Producer born in Granada. He found that electronic music was a true way of expressing his most deep feelings, and it was in 2010 when he begun to discover that his true passion resided in Trance music. 

In 2013 he started crafting his own sounds and as he progressed, becoming more proficient and confident which led him to enter one of Armada's renowned music contests.  

The hard work was paying off as he achieved a top 40 spot which gave him strength and determination to keep producing and developing his craft as a Trance artist. 

Although he had released a limited amount of tracks on smaller labels, it wasn't until 26th of May 2014 when he found his feet, releasing a track called "Rising Star", together with the help of San Lopez.

During the years the young boy from Granada has been trying different sounds and getting support from famous international DJ's such as Paul van Dyk, Alex Morph,  Giuseppe Ottaviani, Sied Van Riel, Mike Push, Jordan Suckley, DJ Feel, Mark Sherry, Roger Shah, John Askew, Heavens Gate, Roman Messer, Johan Ekman, Manuel Le Saux, signed on Black Hole, Suanda Music, Discover Digital, Alter Ego & many more! His breakthrough had yet to come, until he signed his collaboration with The Avains called "El Collabro" with Rielism, the record label of Sied Van Riel. As Rielism is a sublabel of Black HoleRecordings, this presented the opportunity for the track to be included in the well known Rielism Vol 4 Compilation. 

Other successful ventures Fisical Project was involved in included # 3 in Kiss Fm Ukraine with "Temptation" a  collaboration with Oldfix. He also achieved a staggering 7.5 rating in a prestigious Dj Mag Review "Total Destruction". The #Top 186 position in the Trance Podium 2017 ranking and #Top167 position in 2018. Last but not least his track was named as #FutureSound in the radio show of Aly and Fila #FSOE531

Dimitris: Can you mention your biggest music career achievements in 2018?

Fisical Project: I think it has been an incredible year. The fact of having released 18 tracks, I think it says it all. It was a year in which I started getting a play in FSOE becoming Future Sounds of the week with "Cherry Bomb" thanks to the great work of Luke Warner and Latex Zebra that made an incredible remix. I must also say that other great djs like Paul van Dyk have supported several of my works, which I can be very proud of. In addition to having climbed positions in the Trance Podium ranking

Dimitris: Can you rate 2018 for you as a year with 1 being very bad until 10 that is perfect year!

Fisical Project: 7 good year. I think it's been a great year, but you have to be self-critical, I can improve much more. I want it to be the turning point this year, and set an example for the future. Since more than quantity, the important thing is the quality that I should start to take out.

1) Best 3 Tracks from other artists in 2018, please give us a short comment for each track:

Fisical Project:

01. Paul van Dyk ft. Plumb - Music Rescues Me: Without a doubt I think that for me this is the best theme of this year, it is incredible what makes me feel this song. Because this song tells my life, it's my life, I do not know what would have happened to me if I didn't found this music. That's why this song means a lot to me.



02. Cold Blue - Rush: Without a doubt this is the kind of music I like to listen to, listening to the music of Cold Blue is like going back to the 2000s and feeling the energy that trance has always transmitted, an inspiration for me.



03. Craig Connelly - Trouble In Paradise: I think this is another of the songs that defines me the most, those sounds and melodies are what make me get the energy of this music.



2) Your 3 Best of 2018 personal productions, give us more background info about them:

Fisical Project: 01. Fisical Project & Ryan K - Escape The Abuse



02. Fisical Project & Ryan K - Memento 



03.  The Avains & Fisical Project - Interconnected 



3) Best Artist in 2018 & Best New Talent in 2018:

Fisical Project: I think that for me the best producer and new talent of this year has undoubtedly been Rysto. I love how he produces, as in so little time he has managed to get that perfect sound he has, and those ideas so I am a faithful fan of him since he made a remix to "Ineffable."I think next year will be incredible for Rysto.



4) Best Remix in 2018, please explain why you liked it so much:

Fisical Project: Effervesce II (Omar Sherif Extended Remix)
Sometimes It is complicated to get a remix which is very good, and more when it comes from a song that we all know. This remix with no doubt continues to maintain that essence of the original, and I love to hear it.




5) Best electronic music album in 2018? Please explain your decision why you think is the best album?(b) Do you believe that albums are still relevant or you prefer singles:

Fisical Project: For me, without a doubt, the best album of this year was released by Paul Van Dyk, "Music Rescues Me". I think it's an album that transmits that essence that we sometimes miss.



(b) Actually an album is always better than a single, it makes you travel and express your feelings even more.

6) Best electronic music label for 2018, please justify why you choose this label and what was so special in 2018 about it:

Fisical Project: Personally I think there are many labels that are doing very well and among them I want to highlight the form and treatment they have had with me at Abora Recordings and Alter Ego Recordings which is an exemplary label.





7) Best electronic music video for 2018, please explain why you like this video so much:

Fisical Project: Project & Ryan K - Memento, I think this video is incredible, I still can't believe that the author devoted so much time to making this incredible work of art



8) Best Twitter/Facebook/Instagram message you may have received about your music or your DJ performance in 2018:

Fisical Project:I think there have been many positive messages that I have received this year, both in person and on social networks, and I can not pick up any of them. I never expected this so I am very grateful to all those people who have dedicated some of their time to write a positive word about me, thanks from the heart.

9) Best music composition software in 2018, please explain why you appreciate it so much:

Fisical Project: I think that FL is really good if you know how to use it, but I only use it for now and it is what I most easily did at the time. It is a great software, it has greatly improved its interface, and its facility to produce


10) Your Best personal DJ Gig for 2018 (if you are active as DJ) and why you believe is the finest:

Fisical Project: I think it was amazing to be able to finally make what I like most, I was playing at Sunrise Trance Meeting 2018




11) Best technical tips that you learnt in 2018 in relation to your DJing or music productions:

Fisical Project:  I think I have greatly improved my ideas, and also in the equalisation.

Many thanks to Fisical Project for his answers! We wish him all the best in 2019

Additional info:
https://www.facebook.com/FisicalProject
https://twitter.com/FisicalProject
https://soundcloud.com/fisicalproject