17:19:00
A+ A-

Best of 2018 Interview with DJ & producer DEFEO



Angelo De Feo (born 22 July 1991), better known as DEFEO, is a Swiss/Italian DJ and producer. He started DJing in 2009 playing in local bars and clubs in Switzerland. He was spotted in 2010 by his actual General Manager called Marc Heymoz. He joined Aprod Agency (CH) after 2 years and started in 2015 with a new Team, called AFFINITY. Having played in many countries from Switzerland to France, Ibiza and Miami, this house & progressive house DJ has for the continuation of his career a lot of projects which will be soon revealed.



Dimitris: Can you mention your biggest music career achievements in 2018?

DEFEO: Unfortunately nothing big in 2018.

Dimitris: Can you rate 2018 for you as a year with 1 being very bad until 10 that is perfect year!

DEFEO: 5 an OK year. Difficult year for me, not easy to manage my DJ career and my personal career.

1) Best 3 Tracks from other artists in 2018, please give us a short comment for each track:

DEFEO: Romani by Steve Angello & Kryder: The beginning of Kryder's new label called Kryteria, what a way to start! Full support.




Break The Night by Tim Van Werd: This track is just absolutely amazing! I really appreciate the energy of this one. 



All the Afro Bros tracks they produced this year, it's not the style I usually play but I love the vibe they brought. Very talented artist!



2) Your 3 Best of 2018 personal productions, give us more background info about them(please provide the listening link for our readers):

DEFEO: I released only 2 tracks this year:




buy on beatport click here



buy on beatport click here

3) Best Artist in 2018(DJ & producer) please explain why you pick him/her up:
DEFEO: I can't give only one name, there are many DJ & Producer, depends on the style.

4) Best Remix in 2018, please explain why you liked it so much:

DEFEO: Bingo Bango by Basement Jaxx (Tom Staar & Kryder Remix), I like it so much because I love what Tom Staar and Kryder produced, together they bring an amazing groove!



5) Best New Talent in 2018 (DJ or producer), please explain the reasons why you choose him/her :

DEFEO: Damien N-Drix because he brought his style to the top and still releasing on main label.



6) Best electronic music compilation in 2018, please explain what exactly you liked about this compilation(the elements you appreciate):

DEFEO: God save the groove vol. 1 by Kryteria Records (Kryder) because Kryder create a new label called Kryteria Records and he brought a new generation of groove that I really love.



7) Best vocalist/singer featured on electronic music track in 2018, please tell why you appreciate this singer/vocalist and why:

DEFEO: Max Landry, I love his voice and how he can push a track to a next level.



8) Best electronic music label for 2018, please justify why you choose this label and what was so special in 2018 about it:

DEFEO: My favorites music label for 2018 are Protocol, Fonk and Kryteria







9) Best online social media for 2018 and why you believe is the best particularly in 2018?:

DEFEO: Instagram, because it's the most used social media by myself and I think also other people.

10) Best music composition software in 2018, please explain why you appreciate it so much:

DEFEO: It depends on producer, Logic, FL and Ableton are all 3 good software's.

11) Best Club event or Festival that you have performed there or you would love one day to perform there, please explain the reasons that influenced your choice of the event & festival:

DEFEO: My best club I have performed is MAD Club in Lausanne (CH) because people are amazing and bring a huge energy, I started to play at MAD 7 years ago and had so many good times. 



The best festival I have performed is Wintersound Festival in Delémont (CH), it was my first performance in front of so many people, I played 3 times there and I'm looking forward to return back. 



The Best Club I would love to perform is Ushuaïa in Ibiza, I found that place magic, I can't explain it exactly, I've been 4 times (not as DJ) and that place make me dream every time I've been.



12) Your Best personal DJ Gig for 2018 (if you are active as DJ) and why you believe is the finest:

DEFEO: My best personal DJ Gig for 2018 was in April at MAD Club, people were on fire all night long.

13) Best DJ set from other fellow DJ in 2018 and why you believe his/her set was so fantastic?:

DEFEOFor sure Swedish House Mafia at Ultra Music Festival in Miami! I love SHM and to see them back was amazing. They did a huge set between some new ID's and old hit from them.

Dimitris: In 2018 the electronic music talent AVICII died and this has alerted several artists to become more health conscious. Are there any lessons to learn as an artist out from this sad event?

DEFEO: Yes of course! Being an international DJ like Avicii is really hard you have to be careful about what you eat, you drink and how many hours you sleep. We have only one health and we have to take care about it, physical activities are very important. We already see Hardwell, Carnage and some other DJ's who take a long break this year, I think mentality is changing.

Dimitris: Can you mention briefly your plans for your future releases, tracks, albums, collaborations, DJ gigs for 2019!

DEFEO: I hope 2019 will be a better year than 2018. I'm working really hard on new tracks especially one with a US singer and hope to share it soon with you.

Dimitris: Finally, what is your biggest wish for 2019 and give us your wishes for our readers? 

DEFEO: My wishes for 2019 is to release more track than in 2018 and to sign one of them to a main label. And also to have more gigs abroad, we are working on a China gig and some great gig in Switzerland (Club and Festival), I hope everything's going to be alright.

Thanks so much to DEFEO for his great answers. Thanks to Sirup Music team for organising this interview.



Additional info: