00:54:00
A+ A-

InDepth Interview with Gino G about his latest track Keep Coming Back on Sirup Music

As the year starts and the days get longer, Gino G provides us with an early bet for a beautiful summer anthem! Turn "Keep Coming Back" up to the fullest and get ready for the warmer season.

 Flux BPM Online has requested Gino G after his Best of 2016 Interview to return for an Indepth Interview about his new single and we are glad he accepted to talk about his new born brainchild that is destined to rock clubs and festivals worldwide. 




Dimitri: When did you start your involvement with electronic dance music and which music style you are more affiliated with and why?

Gino G: I started producing about in 2006, in the first years I was full into the big melodies and drops for example in Big Room tracks, but now, for about 2-3 years I'm addicted in slower and more instrumental tracks (Tropical/Deep)

Dimitri: Did you had the opportunity to attend any kind of music production course or are u completely self taught? Do you consider that is essential for any artist to complete any production course?

Gino G: I never visited a production course but I played and learned piano for about 6 years, what helped me a lot to learn the production of electronic music. I think if a person has the talent to be a musician they don't have to visit a course.



Dimitri: In which label was your first ever release and how did you manage to attract the attention of the label?

Gino G: My very fist official release was by JUMMP Records by Juicy M. I just sent my demo to the demo mail of the label. Jucy M played a couple of tracks before my release in her shows and radio mixes.



Dimitri: Please pick for us your Top 5 tracks that you have produced and you consider them as being highly important for the progress of your career indifferent if they were commercially successful.

Gino G: First of all is definitely Gino G - Mutant: this one was supported by the nr. 1 DJ Hardwell about 3 years ago and open many doors to  big contacts in the scene.



Gino G - Generations: This is definitely a highlight in my career. Generations was picked first by Kontor as track of the Week/Month and then from Spinnin' Records as demo of the week. 



Swanky Tunes feat. Christian Burns – Skin & Bones (Gino G Remix): The title speaks for it self. I had the opportunity to remix a track for Swanky Tunes.



Dave202 & Gino G - Knockdown: This one, I've produced with my buddy Dave, was used by the Netflix hit series "SENSE8" as a background track through a scene for about 2-3 minutes.



Dave202 & Gino G - Along With You: Along With You was picked by MTV (UK) for the rotation on TV with an amazing videoclip by Kimon Maritz, you definitely have to check his video productions out!



Dimitri: Let's focus on your latest single Keep Coming Back. Please tell us from where did you got the inspiration for the track?

Gino G: I've produced or just say, started this track on the white island, Ibiza. This island is such a magical place where every artist has to go to, to get inspiration.

Dimitri: How long it took you to produce it and was an easy or difficult process? If you have faced any difficulties please tell us about them and how did you resolved them?

Gino G: I can't answer this question directly because sometimes the idea pop out of my head and the track is build in about 1 day. On the next day it could be that you've been 10 hours in the studio without any results.



Dimitri: Which was the biggest challenge that you faced during the production of this superb track?

Gino G: To get the a very clean and smooth mix, there are about 4 different pianos playin' at the same time and to get this into a clear mix was one of the biggest challenges.

Dimitri: Can you describe to us the steps that you went through the production of this track and of any other track in the past?

Gino G: There is not a special concept behind but I think on every point a start a new track, first of all I play some chords and melodies on the piano.



Dimitri: Is this track an original composition or is it based on a template from another track produced from you or another producer?

Gino G: This is an original composition. I always produce my songs by myself.

Dimitri: Is the quality of  Keep Coming Back higher than your previous one? If yes in what ways this track sounds better than your previous one?

Gino G: I love to produce this style of music, that's the reason why I maybe put in more hours to get it clean and perfect.



Dimitri: Do you have any friends or relatives that you send them the track before sending it to a label or if you are DJ did you test it in your gigs? If yes did you have to do any alterations as a result of the crowd reaction?

Gino G: Normally I sent it to people who are honest. You can't get better with a fake review. So I have 2-3 production friends where I get a honest review on my tracks. 

Dimitri: Please describe to us the studio that you have produced Keep Coming Back? What is your favourite hardware and software set up? Do you have in mind any new gear that you wish to get in order to raise the quality of your production?

Gino G: You don't need studio gear in the value of thousands of dollars. I normally produce with my Mac Book 13', Logic X and a midi keyboard. I have a studio where I can turn up and feel the music but you definitely do not need one. As I said, I produced a track on my balcony with sea view on Ibiza. :)



Dimitri: Do you master the track yourself or the mastering is task for the record label? Do you understand mastering as being essential?

Gino G: Yes I always master my tracks by my own. I know its not the "right" way but as long as it sounds nice and clear I'll do it.



Dimitri: Do you have any future releases planned and when will be released?

Gino G: There are planned many releases in the future but I can't say more about the release dates yet.



Dimitri: Best piece of advice you got in relation to your career so far and best tip you learnt recently to make your tracks better.

Gino G:  Do your thing and don't hate any other's work - do it better!

Dimitri: Please give us your tips or more elaborated advice for any new artists who may read this interview and wish to get involved with the electronic music industry.

Gino G: Do the thing you love and even if it's not the trend! If you do it right your career will find the way!



Thanks so much to Gino G for answering the questions.
Thanks so much to Sirup Music for arranging the interview.

Additional info:
🎶 Sirup Music:

Gino G :
 → Twitter:    http://www.twitter.com/djginog