14:31:00
A+ A-

Interview with Messier about his track Molecule with YAIDE on UV Noir

 



Messier, American Based DJ / Producer Recognized Worldwide in the Progressive / Melodic Genres. He’s backed by the most Important Progressive & Melodic Techno Record Labels Around the Globe. He has collaborated with most of the Important artists of these Genres. His Releases are always positioned at the Top of the Beatport Melodic & Progressive Charts with every Launch. His productions counts with the support of major Respectable DJ & Producers in the Industry, he’s also gained major exposure and a solid repect in the industry, by consistently spreading his powerful sound all over the World. Messier is well known and respected as an artist with his Original productions in a short period record time. He keeps his unique style that preserves his powerful sounds always in development. He's always dedicating many hours in his Studio and playing at different clubs and events across the World, where he has been able to verify the effectiveness of his Original Sound & Productions by getting ready for the next move on his impacting career that grows at a quick pace.


Messier has released recently on UV Noir his excellent track Molecule along with YAIDE. It is big pleasure that we had the opportunity to talk with him about this particular track and his career so far! Enjoy his great answers. 

1-Dimitris: It would be nice to start by telling us your 3 most important achievements or goals fulfilled in your career so far that you very are proud of.

Messier: 1. Getting Big Support of my Music by World Class Artists and Labels. 2. Being Ablen To Exclusively Play my own music around the world. 3. Seeing how own compositions charts on Beatport tops worldwide with every Release.

2-Dimitris: Why and under which circumstances did you took the decision to start DJing or producing electronic dance music?

Messier: During the pandemic, had enough time to keep learning production in a professional way then, career took off.

3-Dimitris: Can you note down the top 3 producers that have influenced your decision to get involved in the electronic dance music scene and you admire and respect them very much?

Messier: Out of these many i would say: Daft Punk, Way Out West, ATB.

4-Dimitris: Can you tell us the top 3 tracks from the past that have influenced your sound the most and why?

Messier: I would say: Rufus Du Sol - Underwater: I’ve awlays been a fan of hard stab synths combined with melodic elements and this is one of my favorite tracks from all times (love every play till now) it influenced to develop my sound. ATB - Move On ft. JanSoon. The personal and deep compositions of ATB, it’s something that most producers have to reflect on their music. Daft Punk - Around the World. Made me realize the passion for the groove it’s always important.

5-Dimitris: It would be fantastic to talk about your latest release Molecule on UV Noir. Please tell us how this top track came about and what was the idea behind it.

Messier: Molecule (EP) with YAIDE. Me and YAIDE (MIR MUSIC’s Label Boss). Became friends while ago when I was starting my first productions and I’ve always had his support since the very begging, overtime we’ve started working together on the label making new music and collaborating even more till now. We both have different music visions but we 2 great artists fusions styles magical things happen. Molecule is a very special release from the both of us by giving one of our best tracks together that creates an excitement vibe on every play.


6-Dimitris: How long it took you to produce it and can u describe the production process in simple steps?

Messier: I’ve always been musician since 12 yrs old, i Dominate most instruments with musical basis, also I'm a very technological person and the process for me to understand my DAW was very smooth, when I've combined everything together i was already making professional tracks without knowing. My process it has to be very quick since I’m always lacking of time due to be a Household. In regards my Process, I do focus on the main elements on the start that always have to be effective: 1. A Good Kick. 2. Effective Basslines (Groovy and Strong). 3. The Groove (Drums and Tops). With all those 3 elements aligned I can keep going my project as long as they’re effective, I start my sound design and composition. Mixing along the way till add the right vocals or Connecting back with the vocals as the production goes till I get an optimal result.

7-Dimitris: Did you had any particular difficulties accomplishing that particular track or any specific technical challenges or obstacles that you had to overcome during its production.

Messier: Every track is a challenge, some goes smooth, some take some time, the ones that go smoother are the ones I feel the most, the ones I get stuck are the ones that I work more and most of those are the ones that have been sometimes more successful.

8-Dimitris: If you would have the opportunity to change something in your track and maybe to do a new remix what elements are you unhappy with and you are going to change? Is there any artist that you feel would be fantastic to remix this track and why?

Messier: Underwater by Rufus Du Sol. I feel that I can always blend my sound and make any track a floorkiller, designed for the Dancefloor.

9- Dimitris: Which music composition software or hardware you prefer and why? What is your opinion of the latest movement to produce music with more analogue equipment and with less or without any digital software?

Messier: Ableton Live, I’m always lacking of time, but I always try to use all my resources combined, i have analog synths, guitars and bass, that I use always when time is available, however VST’s Plug-Ins are always a huge help to speed up my process.

10-Dimitris: Do you prefer vocal or instrumental tracks? If there are vocals on the track we discuss about tell us about the singer you work with?

Messier: I’ve worked with ISienna from Iran and Eleonora. Both Amazing vocalists I always as a producer try to come as 2 people conversation in any track, for me it’s not only making music with vocals, that music and vocal response have to be there talking each other (like a commence).

11-Dimitris: Are there any vocalists/singers on electronic dance music you aspire to work with?

Messier: It could be Giorgia Angiuli, Definitely Tyrone Lindqvist from Rufus Du Sol.

12-Dimitris: Please choose the most powerful lyrics ever included in a dance track and why these lyrics have touched you so deeply and have a special meaning for you?

Messier: Definitely Silence is an Anthem by Delerium and Sarah McLachland.

13-Dimitris: Do you believe that artwork on your latest track is good and do you believe that artwork can attract listeners or record buyers? Can you mention the best artwork of a track ever released?

Messier: Yes, I always try to partner with my favorite labels that I know they’ll get the job done right.

14-Dimitris: Can you pick your favorite top 3 record labels including the one released the track that we discuss in this interview and give us a short comment about why these labels are important to you and the music scene too?

Messier: Definitely UV has been one of my favorite ones, I’ve been always looking to get Paul’s attention and finally was accomplished with great Music. Beatfreak, Became very close to Dimas aka. Dformation, that have supported me for a little a while now by giving me the best advice and pushing me to be a better producer. ICONYC, John and his family make me feel as part of it while their production it’s impeccable and outstanding and they’re always a solid option for my releases.


15-Dimitris: Do you have your own record label? if yes tell us when did you set it up, the reasons behind this decision and your top 3 releases on the label so far plus 2 or 3 releases that we should look after from your label.

Messier: No I don’t have my own label, Right now I'm focusing about growing more and more as an artist till I get the audience that I’m expecting and then I will possible consider, when’s right time for a successful label of mine.

16-Dimitris: Are you planning to complete an album or mix compilation soon? if yes please give us all the details about regarding tracks and how will look and sound like?

Messier: I’ve released already my first album as new artist, for now I’m looking to collab and get as many support as possible for my music from my partner labels (Teamwork focus for now).

17-Dimitris: Can you pick up your all time favorite album and tell us why you adore it so much?

Messier: Oasis - Be Here Now. I’ve always been a big fan from these Manchester geniuses, and I follow them till now while they’re on their own separated paths. Oasis is one of my biggest high school influences so far, even I just made a Dance Rework of their song Supersonic that’s free for Download on Soundcloud.

18-Dimitris:How much time do you spend promoting yourself in your social media and you see this as essential tool for self promotion and getting bookings too? Which social media is the one that seems to work better for you?

Messier: I'm literally invested in my project, from making music, getting the best master, and promoting music with all music premieres platforms to gain more exposure overtime. Definitely always pushing on social media gives that follower base that helps to grow as an artist. My favorites that works best for me are Instagram and Soundcloud.

19-Dimitris: Do you have your own radio show/podcast/twitch stream or Vlog(video blog)? If yes please give us a comment about it and how long it take you to prepare for it and if you are always excited to produce it?

Messier: No I don’t, Family goes first for me, and then i try to manage through producing and going out on tour.

20-Do you post videos on tiktok? If yes please reference for us your favourite? What is your opinion about the power of tiktok to promote music releases? Is there any tiktok video created by fans of you with your music worth mentioning?

Messier: I post every release, basically new to it, so far Instagram is king for me.

21-Dimitris: Do you have any gigs/festival performances confirmed so far for 2023 in which ones are you most excited to perform and why?

Messier:  Will be play at few shows this ADE 2023 I’m excited with every show no matter how big or small they are, I’m always leaving body and soul at every single of them.

22-Dimitris: Please share your most funny and most serious incident that happen to you during your DJ or LIVE PA performance?

Messier: Well, couple years ago i showed up to a show and when i realized, my flash drive didn’t have any of the music that I’ve loaded in it, and then I’ve had to improvise with my laptop and randomly throw sogns for my performance so at least i was able to play my set.

23-Dimitris: Are you happy about the quality of the tracks released in your preferred music genres? Please justify your answer with your opinion about it!

Messier: Definitely, my tracks won’t go out as demo till I’m fully happy with them,

24-Your current Top 3 tracks with short comment:

Messier: Kevlar [Dear Deer] Hypnotic groove - Destiny [Univack] Deep and Intense - Urania [Beatfreak] Excitement and Powerful.

25-Dimitris: If you expect to have a steady income from your music productions are you satisfied with the way that royalties system works particularly regarding streaming revenue? Do you believe that artists get what they deserve from streaming providers/DJs playing your tracks in gigs/radio and selling music in physical formats like CDs/Vinyl or digitally.

Messier: Jajajajaja what a question, Definitely not happy or agreed lol there are many DJ’s out there that doesn’t make any music making more than artists.


26-Dimitris: Please note for all the new talents that read this interview to get some inspiration from you any technical tips in relation to your DJing or music productions. Also any piece of personal or music business' advice that has helped you to progress even further and is worth telling to the new upcoming talents.

Messier: If you want to succeed in this and chose to consider music as a career, this is no different than any job, you have to work hard to succeed in this as well.

27-Dimitris: Many producers and DJs offer online masterclasses or teach to music production & DJing courses. Do you believe is essential to take part in any of these courses to develop your skills? Are you are offering any of these services? or other related services like ghost-producing or mastering? please tell us about these activities

Messier: No, I respect the decision about artists doing it and making music as a whole of a living, me personally My Music is not for Sale all my compositions are very personal and my producing time is very limited, My hard work is priceless for myself and with the time limitations I have, it’s like almost impossible to do so.

28-Dimitris: Is there a club classic that you would like to remix or rework in 2023? Do you attempt often to do your own bootlegs of classics?

Messier: Rhythm Is A Dancer by Snap! It’s coming, I’ve had the project sitting on my DAW for years now, I’m waiting for the right time to finish it.

29-Dimitris: Please choose the best and worst remix of club classic and tell us why you like or dislike them.

Messier: I’m not a music critic cause every artists works from their own inspiration, there’s no good or bad for me, just not my fit. I appreciate everything piece of art.


30-Dimitris: How much do you care if your fans or followers like your productions? Do you struggle with the audience reception of your tracks and is this thought adds extra pressure on you and discourage you too?

Messier: I have a lots of positive inputs in my career, the struggle for me it’s being heard, known, and discovered, once I can manage to that, it could be a massive growth.

31-Dimitris: Can you describe your music as certain music genre such as trance, house, techno or your music exempts these categorizations? What is your opinion about hybrid styles and artists who are attempting to mix influences from various genres in their tracks?

Messier: There are many arguments about it, some people calls it Deep Tech, I Describe my Music Melodic / Progressive, I bounce between both styles to create something original never heard. And it can be heard at every single of my productions.

32-Dimitris: Is your music business your full time occupation and are you able to make a leaving out of your music business (DJ/producer/label owner/teaching or mastering tracks)? If not what other jobs are you doing in order to support your income?

Messier: I’m an Entrepreneur since I’ve had the age to start doing it so, plus I have a full time management job and Family Guy, my music I manage through everything to make my music dream and passion to be possible. My Wife is my first supporter.

33-Dimitris: Do you believe that audience should be banned from constantly taking photos or videos during DJ sets or are you happy with these activities?

Messier: I don’t know, it’s not my place to come with a certain opinion. As an Proudly American, we’re used to promote freedom, I feel that anybody can do whatever they want as long as they’re not disturbing anybody else (These are my Premises).

34-Dimitris: Do you prefer small clubs or huge festivals to perform? in which festivals or clubs you aspire to play in the future?

Messier: I love clubs, the vibe is sensational and cozy, festivals are more hard to control as a DJ. Definitely prefer clubs for the kind of music I play.

35-Please choose for us your favorite holiday destination and share with us your most unforgettable holiday experience(good/bad)

Messier: Went on a summer tour to Germany and Norway, Always knowing new people and supporters is a lovely experience.

Dimitris: Your message & wishes for Flux Bpm Online readers.

Messier: Thanks for the Interview and wishing you the best growth in the near future.

Thanks to Messier for this brilliant interview and his nicely detailed answers. Joy to read them.

Thanks to Paul Thomas and team FSOE for organizing these interviews with their brilliant artists included in their superb rooster. 


Must Check: Paul Thomas Presents UV Radio 307 - Guest Mix Alex M.I.F.