02:33:00
A+ A-

BEST OF 2019 Interview with Sean Mathews



He is an Outstanding Producer creating uplifting masterpieces with music on Labeor s inc. A State Of Trance, Future Sound Of Egypt, Outburst, AVA, Infrasonic and many more. With remixes from names inculding Guiseppe Ottaviani and John Askew to name a few it's clear to see why Sean's name is hot on the lips of fans around the world.

2019 has been a storming year for Sean with releases on Future Sound of Egypt, Armada and Damaged. On the gigging side of things he made his 103 Debut for Ministry of Sound at The Gallery back in October.



Dimitris: Your biggest music career achievements in 2019:
Sean Mathews: Where to start, my Debut release with Jordan Suckley's Damaged was really well recieved, I'm also very proud of my Track "Claire" which has been played out by many fantastic names, this track was dedicated to my Mum, who I lost to Cancer back in 2008. 

Another big highlight was seeing Cote d'Azur land on ASOT Ibiza 2019, I really wasnt expecting that.

Dimitris: Please rate your online presence/visibility in 2019 from 0-10?Please elaborate with short comment.
Sean Mathews: I'd say it's probably about 7. I'm online quite a bit but am I reaching audiences as much as far as I can? I can always do better.

1) Best track(s) and short comment for each track from other fellow artists in 2019
Sean Mathews: I can assure you I'm not being biased here in anyway, however, I don't think there's one Aly & Fila track from the new album I don't love. In particular "I Won't Let You Fall", "Moonlit" and "The Walk" are some of my favourites, the whole album sounds incredible they've smashed it out the park. Other than that, absolutely love Giuseppe Ottaviani and his track "8K" simply stunning.







2) Best of 2019 personal productions with short comment about them:
Sean Mathews: Easy one for me this "Claire" my own track because it was such a meaningful one to me and "Cote d'Azur" which is featured on the ASOT Ibiza 2019 Compilation.





3) Best Artist in 2019(DJ & producer) with short comment:
Sean Mathews: Aly & Fila- Just take a look at their album. If I could have one more I'd also add Giuseppe Ottaviani to that list.





4) Best Remix(es) from other fellow artists in 2019 with short comment :
Sean Mathews: Sneijder Remix of Ben Gold "Stay" what a track! Vocals are stunning as well.



5) YOUR Best Remix which you have produced in 2019 with short comment?
Sean Mathews: I've stayed away from Remixing this year, focusing on the originals, but I have something very cool in the works ; ) 

6) Best Remixer(s) for 2019 with short comment:
Sean Mathews: Giuseppe Ottaviani again is the winner here, his mixes are ace. 



7) Best New Talent in 2019 (DJ or producer) with short comment :
Sean Mathews: I wouldn't say he's new but its great to see VillaNaranjos back at it again, Zak is an incredibly talented guy so its got to be him for me.



8) Best electronic dance music album in 2019 with short comment:
Sean Mathews: Not released yet but from the previews of the tracks Aly & Fila's new Album "All About The Melody"



9) Best electronic dance music compilation in 2019 with short comment? :
Sean Mathews: Can I pick 2? FSOE 600 Compilation and ASOT Ibiza 2019 partly because some of favourite personal productions are on them.






10) Best artwork about single / album/compilation or promotional campaign in 2019 with short comment:
Sean Mathews: I really loved the WAO138 release for the Sneijder Remix of Ben Gold "Stay". Really cool Artwork.

11) Best lyrics in electronic dance music track(s) in 2019 with short comment :
Sean Mathews: Aly & Fila- I Won't Let You Fall. The moment I heard it. WOW. 

12) Best vocalist/singer on electronic dance music track in 2019 with short comment:
Sean Mathews: Jes. What a singer, her range is incredible.



13) Best electronic dance music label for 2019 with short comment:
Sean Mathews: FSOE for me, consistently release amazing music across the board.



14) Best electronic dance music video for 2019 with short comment:
Sean Mathews: I couldn't pick one in particular but Ciaran McAuley's videos in Trance have been great.



15) Best online social media for 2019 with short comment:
Sean Mathews: Credit where credit is due FSOE is always outstanding but inparticular I love what Armin and the ASOT team do every single week. 

16) Best social media response you may have received about your music or your DJ performance in 2019:
Sean Mathews: The response to "Claire" was overwhelming. So thank you for all the amazing support.

17) Best music composition software in 2019 with short comment:
Sean Mathews: Cubase is the best. I love it.

18)Best Club event /Festival/music conference in 2019 with short comment:
Sean Mathews: Creamfields. If you haven't been just go the best place to see your favourite artists play.



19) Your Best personal DJ Gig & DJ performance in 2019 with short comment:
Sean Mathews: Making my debut at Ministry of Sound in the 103 was amazing and my most recent gig there was very fun. Very busy night loved it.



20) Best DJ set from other fellow DJ in 2019 with short comment:
Sean Mathews: Aly & Fila OTC set at Ministry in September was insane, but to be honest both his sets at Ministry this year have been incredible.



21) Best radio show/podcast or Vlog(video blog) in 2019 with short comment. It can be yours or from other artists you respect:
Sean Mathews: ASOT- What they do is incredible not just in the studio but the live streams from around the world. Amazing.



22) Best review that you have read in 2019 about your tracks or for other artists tracks:
Sean Mathews: I'll leave this empty as as bad as it sounds I tend to stay away from reading them. I haven't read one this year more fan comments than anything else.

23) Best music related website in 2019 with short comment:
Sean Mathews: Beatport, maybe priced up higher but definitely the best place for Electronic Dance Music.

24) Best production or DJ equipment (a)software & (b) hardware) in 2019 with short comment:
Sean Mathews: CDJ2000NXS2 it's changed my life and Rekordbox. Love them don't think I could live without them, can't wait to see what Pioneer have for us in the future.

25) Best sound sample that has been used frequently in electronic dance music tracks in 2019 (personal or from other artists):
Sean Mathews: I love Darren Porters sample packs he's made some fantastic stuff, Harmonic Rush as well is on point.

26) Best technical tips that you learnt in 2019 in relation to your DJing or music productions:
Sean Mathews: Well I've got better at scratching haha but I'd just say don't be afraid to explore effects on a DJ Mixer have fun with them the show is yours.



27) Best piece of personal or music bussiness advice you got in relation to your career in 2019 and has helped you to progress even further:
Sean Mathews: Don't be put off by negative comments, and whether people like your music or not, if it's being signed you are doing something right. Most of all be patient.

28) Best travel tips in 2019 to survive the long travelling hours and jetlag:
Sean Mathews: Hit the Gym, this works wonders.

29) Best ever electronic dance music track(s) of all times with short comment?
Sean Mathews: Of all time? that's a tricky one, I'll pick one being Robert Miles- Children, it's 2019 and still gives me goodebumps.



30) Best hobby or creative activity except music production in 2019:
Sean Mathews: Gaming is always fun, football is good although I'm not the best at it haha

Dimitris: Do you have any concrete plans for 2020 regarding future releases, tracks, albums, collaborations, DJ gigs? Please provide us the juicy details.
Sean Mathews: Loads in the works for 2020 very excited about whats coming out. In particular making my Amsterdam debut in Feb for Luminosity

Dimitris: Your message & wishes for 2020.
Sean Mathews: Just a massive thank you for all the support in 2019 it's been nothing short of amazing and I'm so incredibly grateful to hear how my music is helping people in a positive way.

Additional info:
Snapchat- @djseanmathews
You can also follow me and my releases on Spotify.