23:30:00
A+ A-

BEST of 2019 Interview with Ciaran McAuley



If 2018 was labelled as Ciaran McAuley’s breakthrough year onto the global trance stage, then 2019 is the year that has seen him cement his place and become one of the most in demand and heavily loved artists by both trance fans and promoters alike. 

The Irish man announced his arrival with a plethora of performances on some of the biggest and most sought after events around the globe such as; Tomorrowland, Mysteryland, Electronic Family, Luminosity and of course the MainStage at Dreamstate California. 

Being front and centre of the big stages is not the only place Ciaran is excelling. While his DJ exploits are gaining rave reviews it is his tireless and talented work in the studio that is also gaining him some serious attention, recognition and respect from not only fellow producers but from music fans all over. 2018 seen him release a number of distinctive and idiomatic originals, six to be exact with hits such as; "Watching Over Us", "Titanic", "For Those Who Believe" "Serenity" and the massive "Never Fade Away (Benthe)". 

His studio skills have lead to an ever growing list of artists knocking on his door following several number 1s and countless top 10s. In 2018 alone he can add the names of; Ferry Corsten, Aly & Fila, Ronski Speed, RAM, Julie Thompson and Gareth Emery to his list of collaborations and or remixes. 2019 shows no let up in the studio output with growing demand to work alongside Ciaran from his peers, collabs and remixes with the likes of; Paul van Dyk, Ferry Corsten, Gareth Emery, Bryan Kearney, RAM, Christina Novelli, Susana, Jes, TyDi and Clare Stagg will only see Ciaran's stock and pedigree soar even higher.



2018 also saw the launch of Ciaran's more mainstream alias ‘Holy Waters’ teaming up with one of the leading vocalists in the industry, Roxanne Emery. A Partnership that brings together Ciaran’s uplifting sounds and forges them with Roxanne’s beautiful songwriting to create one of the most unique and exciting combos currently on the trance scene. 

2019 has seen the release of wonderful tracks such as; "Times Like These" with Holy Waters and "Our Last Train Together" which coupled alongside his massive "Save Me" remix from Shogun and Emma Lock, future original releases on FSOE, Garuda/Armada and Blackhole. 

We envisage 2019 and beyond being packed with Ciaran continuing to travel the globe hitting new cities like; Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver, Toronto, Seattle, Montreal, Chicago, Las Vegas, to name but a few not to mention the long awaited break through into Australia & Egypt. Gracing some of the big stages @ Creamfields, Luminosity Beach, Dreamstate, LA Exchange and a headlining slot Aly & Fila’s ‘Heraclieon’ Festival in Egypt. 

Ciaran McAuley is a man on a mission, setting high standards for himself and new benchmarks all the time with his music and DJ performances. 2019 is set to be a very exciting year indeed as this future hero continues his meteoric rise-up to the top.



Dimitris: Your biggest music career achievements in 2019:
Ciaran McAuley: Tune Of The Year of course haha.... It has been a great year for me with debut after debut in countries all round the world and several big releases for me so its tough to pin point my biggest, working on a collab with Ferry Corsten is pretty big ;)

Dimitris: Please rate your online presence/visibility in 2019 from 0-10?Please elaborate with short comment.
Ciaran McAuley:  I'll say 9, I feel I am very active on my socials and with my followers

1) Best track(s) and short comment for each track from other fellow artists in 2019
Ciaran McAuley:  Ferry Tayle & Clare Yates - Find Your Paradise, At first I wasn't a big fan of this vocal but It grew on me big time, the melody is right up my street, It goes off a storm in my sets.



Aly & Fila  with Deirdre McLaughlin - Gravity,  Such a punchy track which puts a smile on the dance floor



Aly & Fila & Noble Six - Moonlit, Another track that grew into one of my fav's :)



Ben Gold & Sivan - Stay (Sneijder Remix), Beautiful vocal and great work from Andrew to compliment it



2) Best of 2019 personal productions with short comment about them:
Ciaran McAuley:  All I Want with Clare Stagg is possibly my biggest track of the year, sitting at no1 for several weeks and is being thrown around as Tune Of The Year but, my track Our Last Train Together on FSOE is probably my personal favorite, also reaching no1 but there was so much emotion, time and energy put into this track.



3) Best Artist in 2019(DJ & producer) with short comment:
Ciaran McAuley:  There are very few artists in the Trance world that excite me unfortunately but for me, Aly & Fila always keep it real



4) Best Remix(es) from other fellow artists in 2019 with short comment :
Ciaran McAuley: Ben Gold & Sivan - Stay (Sneijder Remix) Stunning vocal with an energetic track to compliment it

5) YOUR Best Remix which you have produced in 2019 with short comment?
Ciaran McAuley:  Shogun ft Emma Lock - Save Me, I remixed this track many years back when I was part of Walsh&McAuley, last year for Tomorrowland I really wanted to play it but It wouldn't fit within my uplifting sets so I dove into it again... Now we have the Ciaran McAuley Remix :)



6) Best Remixer(s) for 2019 with short comment:
Ciaran McAuley: Giuseppe Ottaviani, one of the most talented guys in the scene, he never disappoints.



7) Best electronic dance music compilation in 2019 with short comment? :
Ciaran McAuley: FSOE600.... Of course, my name is on it



8) Best artwork about single / album/compilation or promotional campaign in 2019 with short comment:
Ciaran McAuley: Holy Waters put so much effort into their image and artwork



9) Best lyrics in electronic dance music track(s) in 2019 with short comment :
Ciaran McAuley: Holy Waters - Little White Lies, such a beautiful vocal from Roxanne Emery. It was a pleasure to work on this twice, with the original and the Ciaran McAuley Remix. My 138 mix has been possibly the most requested track in my sets since we performed it at Dreamstate Socal 12 months back!

10) Best vocalist/singer on electronic dance music track in 2019 with short comment:
Ciaran McAuley:  That's a tough one to answer but I do have my favorites ie Clare Stagg, Sue McLearn, Christina Novelli, Susana and of course Roxanne Emery...









11) Best electronic dance music label for 2019 with short comment:
Ciaran McAuley: I think the scene would struggle without FSOE but I love the drive and constancy of RAM's Nocturnal Animals





12) Best electronic dance music video for 2019 with short comment:
Ciaran McAuley: Can I say "All I Want"?? Haha if not, all the Holy Waters videos, I've yet to see the same standards in a music video (maybe I'm biased)



13) Best social media response you may have received about your music or your DJ performance in 2019:
Ciaran McAuley: My music is very emotional, at gigs I have people in tears regularly, its crazy. I receive so much love from my followers, often I wake to messages from people around the world telling me how my music his empowered to overcome things they may be going through, its very overwhelming.

14) Best Club event /Festival/music conference in 2019 with short comment:
Ciaran McAuley: Transmission surely has to be the biggest or definitely most impressive Trance event in the world...?

15) Your Best personal DJ Gig & DJ performance in 2019 with short comment:
Ciaran McAuley: I've had many great shows this years but Trance Identity's Boat Party in Chicago is one that stands out the most, it was a sell out boat with only 150 capacity but the atmosphere and views was surreal, I'll never forget it.

Dimitris: Do you have any concrete plans for 2020 regarding future releases, tracks, albums, collaborations, DJ gigs? Please provide us the juicy details.
Ciaran McAuley: 2020 I look forward to Ciaran McAuley Open2Close sets,

Dimitris: Your message & wishes for 2020.
Ciaran McAuley: Thanks for all your support guys, I wish you all the best... keep in touch.



Thanks to Ed at FSOE for arraning this interview.

Additional info:
www.facebook.com/djciaranmcauley
www.twitter.com/djciaranmcauley
www.instagram.com/ciaranmcauley