18:45:00
A+ A-

Best of 2018 Interview with DJ & producer Gino G



Dimitris: Can you mention your biggest music career achievements in 2018?

Gino G: I think all the music I was able to release, from the singles to the compilations which i mixed under my name.

Dimitris: Can you rate 2018 for you as a year with 1 being very bad until 10 that is perfect year!

Gino G: 8 very good year, I think 2018 was a year  with a lot of creativity. Together with the team from Sirup Music we created plans for the future (not only for 2018). Can't wait to release all the music I worked out with many artists around the world soon.

1.Best 3 Tracks from other artists in 2018, please give us a short comment for each track:

Gino G: DJ Snake - Taki Taki, DJ Snake is one of my biggest role model. The space between hard Mainstage-Sound to Radio-Wordlwide hits is such a fantastic thing.



Martin Garrix - Ocean, stamped as a commercial and ridiculed DJ, Martina Garrix is still one of my favorite producers in the scene. Combined with the fantasic voice of Khalid, the result is just awesome.



Kygo, all the tracks he released in 2018 were awesome, his unique style inspires me again and again.



2) Your 3 Best of 2018 personal productions, give us more background info about them:

Gino G: Keep Coming Back, is one of my favourite production in 2018, it's a emotional/tropical track which fits in every mood. 



Alibi, a club banger which fits perfectly in DJ sets.



Orchestra track, I had the honour to produce a epic orchestra track for a sick project of a friend of mine for a commercial movie for a BMW i8.

3) Best Artist in 2018(DJ & producer):

Gino G: DJ Snake, as I said, the range between hard electro sound and worldwide pop hits fascinates me again and again



4) Best Remix in 2018:

Gino G: David Guetta ft Anne Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone (EDX Indian Summer Remix), EDX never disappoints in his unique style. This track is just perfect for a warm-up set but also for the mainstage.



5) Best Remixer for 2018, please tell us why you choose him/her:

Gino G: EDX, his unique style gives the tracks that special touch you need for a remix.



6) Best electronic music album in 2018? Please explain your decision why you think is the best album?(b) Do you believe that albums are still relevant or you prefer singles:

Gino G: I think Don Diablo's album "Future" is one of the albums I waited for, he showed what he "Don Diablo" stands for - awesome music. Many tracks in different genres but also all with the conscience style and touch, I LIKE! I think an album is a great opportunity to show what a artist really stands for, an album must have a palpable and tangible structure which is noticeable for every person which listen to it.



7) Best vocalist/singer featured on electronic music track in 2018, please tell why you appreciate this singer/vocalist and why:

Gino G: Dua Lipa with Calvin Harris and Diplo (2 singles), her voice is just incredible and not form this world. 





8) Best electronic music label for 2018, please justify why you choose this label and what was so special in 2018 about it:

Gino G: I think my home label Sirup Music is one of the most artist-oriented label around the world. I love to work with the whole team and other artist on new music.



9) Best music composition software in 2018, please explain why you appreciate it so much:

Gino G: I'm an Apple user, so I use Logic X. But the best plugins for composing are the "real" instruments from Native Instruments.

10) Best radio show/podcast or Vlog(video blog) in 2018: 

Gino G: I love to listen to Nora En Pure's Purified Radio show, a great compilation of deep house tracks every week/month.



11)Finally, what is your biggest wish for 2019 and give us your wishes for our readers?

Gino G: I think to release much music as I can and to reach new fans worldwide. Also to collaborated with other artists specially vocalists around the world.

Thanks to Gino G for his answers and Sirup Music team for organising this interview. 

Additional info: