17:55:00
A+ A-

#Indepth Interview with Blaze Sulinski about Black Dog on High Contrast Recordings


Polish producer Blaze Sulinski debutes on High Contrast Recordings with his latest single Black Dog

No stranger to the scene, Blaze Sulinski already gained support from the likes of Markus Schulz, Cosmic Gate, Daniel Kandi and many more. 

Blaze Sulinski - Black Dog is out now. 



Buy exclusive on Beatport: https://hcr.lnk.to/BlackDogyo

Black Dog is such a powerful memorable tune that was impossible not to invite him for an indepth interview. Here you can read his answers!

Dimitri: When did you start your involvement with electronic dance music and which music style you are more affiliated with and why?

Blaze Sulinksi: When I was 11 years old I have received my first computer and one year later I have produced my first track. From the beginning Trance was my first love. Everyone I knew at that time were listening to trance music so this was my main influence. 

Dimitri: Did you had the opportunity to attend any kind of music production course or are u completely self taught? Do you consider that is essential for any artist to complete any production course?

Blaze Sulinksi: When I have started producing my music there wasn't any music course what I could complete and the internet access was very hard to get so I was listening a lot of music and then I was trying to recreate a desired sound. 

Now, there is unlimited source of music production courses and tutorials where everyone can learn everything in short period of time and if I had this option before I will definitely look for it. 

Dimitri: In which label was your first ever release and how did you manage to attract the attention of the label?

Blaze Sulinksi: In 2008 I have released my first EP which was The Riverside EP released by Addictive Global. From the beginning I tried to be as much professional as I could and I think it payed off so I released my 2 tracks as an inexperienced music production professional.

Dimitri: Can you choose for us your Top 5 tracks that you have produced and you consider them as being highly important for the progress of your career indifferent if they were commercially successful.

Blaze Sulinksi: I have released a lot of tracks under different aliases but the ones under my name are more important. 

These are my most important tracks what I have done so far 
1. Blaze Sulinski - Black Dog (Original Mix)



2. Blaze Sulinski - Red Hill (Original Mix)



3. Blaze Sulinski - It's Never Too Late (Original Mix)



4. Active Limbic System - North Atlantic (Blazej Sulinski Remix)



5. Blazej Sulinski - Here goes the sun



You can also find my music under aliases like Paul Allen or Espire. 

Dimitri: Let's focus on your latest release Black Dog. Please tell us from where did you got the inspiration for the track?

Blaze Sulinksi: I have few artists where I get my inspiration from but the most important will be Andrew Bayer. His sound design skills are great.  I always trying to experiment and see where I will end up so I can say that Black Dog was my new experiment.

Dimitri: How long it took you to produce Black Dog  and was an easy or difficult process?If you have faced any difficulties please tell us about them and how did you resolved them?

Blaze Sulinksi: It took me approximately 1 month to produce this track as I wanted to polish it as much as I could. My projects are usually well maintained and well organized so I hadn't much difficulties at this time which helped me produce better track at the end.
  
Dimitri: Which was the biggest challenge that you faced during the production of Black Dog?

Blaze Sulinksi: The biggest challenge was to mix everything together and to get the sound what I wanted but I managed to get through. 

Dimitri: Can you describe to us the steps that you went through the production of Black Dog and of any other track?

Blaze Sulinksi: Drum section will be the first step with my all productions then melody so I can work around these of all time when working on my new production. Basically you need melody to form everything else around it like intro, breakdown and outro.  

Dimitri: When the track was finished did the label accepted it as it was produced or did the label recommend you to do some changes or fix certain things?

Blaze Sulinksi: High Contrast Recordings accepted my track as it was so I didn't had to change anything.



Dimitri: Is Black Dog an original composition or is it based on a template from another track produced from you or another producer?

Blaze Sulinksi: Black Dog has been produced from scratch by myself without using any additional templates. Every track is done by myself so I can experiment with new sounds and mixing to get better sound.

Dimitri: Is the quality of Black Dog higher than your previous one? If yes in what ways this track sounds better than your previous one?

Blaze Sulinksi: I spend more time on mixing this track together to get better sound then my previous records. I have organized a professional mastering session specially for it so it could be better at this time.

Dimitri: Do you have any friends or relatives that you send them the track before sending it to a label?

Blaze Sulinksi: I usually play my music to my closest family as they do not listen to Trance music so they have very objective look at my music.   

Dimitri: Please describe to us the studio that you have produced Black Dog? What is your favourite hardware and software set up? Do you have in mind any new gear that you wish to get in order to raise the quality of your production?

Blaze Sulinksi: The main source of my sound are virtual instruments and Ableton Push. I always start my new track with Push as I'm more creative using it so my productions can be different every time. I have also JBL monitors and NI sound card which gave me everything what I currently need. In the future I would like to get Access Virus Ti. 

Dimitri: Do you master the track yourself or the mastering is task for the record label? Do you understand mastering as being essential?

Blaze Sulinksi: Nearly all of my tracks were mastered by the Labels however for Black Dog I decided to go with Professional Sound Engineer from London as I wanted it to be the best as I could. I can do mastering on my own but someone with the fresh ear will be the best option.

Dimitri: There is a growing trend of vinyl coming back for good. Would you like to see this track released on vinyl or any other of your future tracks? Do you prefer digital files or vinyl?

Blaze Sulinksi: Definitely a Vinyl. When playing from vinyls you can feel the music, you can feel the track and unfortunately with the digital files you cannot. It would be great if my future tracks will be released on vinyls but I think that will be only limited press. 

Dimitri: Do you have any future releases planned and when will be released?

Blaze Sulinksi: Currently I'm working on few new tracks so hopeful they will be finished soon and released. 

Dimitri: Best piece of advice you got in relation to your career so far and best tip you learnt recently to make your tracks better.

Blaze Sulinksi: I can say only what I have learnt -, mix, mix and mix. If you know how to mix your tracks you will know how to arrange it and what sounds are the best for the track. Better mix is equal to better music.

Dimitri: Can you give us here your tips or more elaborated advice for any new artists who may read this interview and wish to get involved with the electronic music industry.

Blaze Sulinksi: Learn as much as you can, don`t give up and work on your new tracks every day. 

Many thanks to Blaze Sulinski for his answers.

Many thanks to Justin at High Contrast Recordings for organising this interview. 

Additional info: