19:36:00
A+ A-

INTERVIEW: Best of 2012 with Harmonic Agenda

Name: Harmonic Agenda.

Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Intro questions:
Dimitri: Can you tell us how 2012 has been for the development of your career as a DJ and/or Producer?:



Harmonic Agenda: 2012 has been a Great year for me, both as a person and in my musical career. In early spring this year, my beautiful daughter was born. She is my firstborn child, and it has been an Amazing journey so far. Being a dad is life changing, and I love every bit of it. She gives me so much inspiration everyday.

Since being a parent takes up a lot of time, my focus hasn’t been put into my music this year. But I’ve had a few releases, and two of them which are really special to me.
Drylight - Tin Box (Harmonic Agenda Remix), has a very unique sound coming from me. It is not trance.. it is not pop.. it is a electronic mixture of my feelings that I managed to capture, during my girlfriends pregnancy. It means a lot to me.
Harmonic Agenda - Philly Fox (Original Mix), is a milestone in my early career. This is my first original track, released on Nemesis (Subtraxx). I managed to express exactly what Harmonic Agenda means to me - progressive beats, with lots of percussion, tension pads, harmonic leads, deep cutting saw basses and funky plucks. I am really proud to have this tune in my lineup.

Dimitri: If you look back at 2012, are there any moments in your musical career that you wish you had done differently in order to get a better outcome?:

Harmonic Agenda: Not at all actually. I’m proud to have achieved this much, considering the circumstance. I feel like I evolve, every time I produce something new. It’s an amazing feeling, and I am very confident about my musical future.

                       Best of 2012 according to  Harmonic Agenda.

1) Best Track:
I have two favorites this year, sharing the first place.
Porter Robinson & Mat-Zo - Easy (Original Mix), I actually heard this for the first time, one week ago on A&B’s Group Therapy. I fell in love in an instant! I could actually feel the 2013‘s summer heat, in the middle of the Swedish winter.

                                               

The Blizzard - The Fog (Original Mix), I have always admired my Norwegian neighbors, and their amazing accuracy in delivering unbelievable grooves and heart-piercing melodies. This track spoke directly to my nordic ego.     

 2) Best Artist (DJ & producer):
 I must say that Mat-Zo always keep surprising me with his simple and tasteful sound. Everything he touches turns into Zo-Magic.

                                    

3) Best Remix:
Tritonal - Still With Me (Seven Lions Remix), I think this is a fantastic remix. You can really feel the emotion and heart behind this production.

                                            
4) Best Remixer:
Johan Malmgren, I’m really proud to say that Sweden is really hyped in the EDM-scene these days, this guys is one good reason why. He has a lot of skill and surprising elements in his productions. 

5) Best New Talent (DJ or producer):
There are so many great producers out there, it’s really hard to name just one. However, Porter Robinson is a name to definitely watch out for. 

6) Best EDM Album:
Hmm, I don’t know actually. I have only noticed all the great singles.

7) Best EDM Compilation:
I rarely bother for compilations actually, to be honest.

8) Best artwork/cover of an album or compilation:
That’s an easy question to answer; Seven Lions - Days To Come - EP. One word, ”Epic”.

9) Best lyrics on an EDM track:
Haha, I’m actually very bad at remembering lyrics. I’m more of a production oriented guy when listening. But there is one track that I can sing though, Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin - Don’t You Worry Child.

                                       

10) Best Vocalist/Singer featured on an EDM track:
Aruna is one of my absolute all time favorites.

                                  

11) Best EDM Label:
I feel very blessed to get all the support and help that I get from my label, Subtraxx and my A&R - Ville Lope.
I also think that Anjunabeats deliver amazing artists.

12) Best Music Video:
I seriously can’t remember when I watched a music video the last time..?

13) Most amusing video on YouTube relating to Dance Music:
Ohh Yeah, I just remembered PSY - Gangnam Style, haha so cool!

14) Best Online Social media network:
Instagram - sooo addictive.

15) Best music composition software:
Ableton Live - all the way!! I can’t wait to get version 9.

16) Best Event or Open Air Festival:
ASOT 550 in Den Bosch, what a memory..

                                  

17) Best DJ set of the year by another fellow DJ:
Armin van Buuren’s second set at ASOT 550, Den Bosch.

18)Best Radio show:
Group Therapy with Above & Beyond

19) Best Online Record shop for purchasing music:
iTunes and Beatport

20) Best Website that you regularly visit:
Soundcloud.com

21) Best smart phone/mobile phone App or device:
Netflix, works really well.


22) Best DJ equipment (software and/or hardware, Mixer, Deck etc):
Serato DJ

23) Best new sound or sample that has been used in EDM this year (possibly introduced by you)
The main lead in Easy, by Porter Robinson & Mat-Zo. OMG!

24) Best piece of News this year relating to Electronic Dance Music:
Ableton Live 9, soon to be released! FINALLY!

25)Best personal achievement related to Electronic Dance Music:
The release of my first original track - Philly Fox! I’m so proud!

      Harmonic Agenda - Philly Fox by Harmonic Agenda


26) Best piece of advice you received in relation to your career:
”Don’t forget why you make music. Don’t make it for other people, make it for yourself.”

27) Any single event which inspired you to compose a track.
Every time I see my daughter smile. And every time me and my girlfriend are having an argument.. haha!

28) Best tip that you learnt this year for your DJ’ing or music composition
Always and always use Sausage Fattener on your drum bus. 

Outro question:
Dimitri: 2013 lies ahead of us. Would you like to tell us your future plans in relation to releases, tracks, albums, collaborations or DJ gigs?

Harmonic Agenda: I have a ridiculous amount of unfinished tracks and demos. So my plan is to finish as many as I possibly can. I also have a very special collaboration with my partner in crime Lunar Motion in the pipeline.


Many thanks Harmonic Agenda for finding the time to reply in this interview


Interview was written and conducted by Dimitri Kechagias, Radio/Dj/Music Journalist


Many thanks to Paul at 1mix radio for proofing the questions


Additional info:
www.subtraxx.com
http://harmonicagenda.com/
http://www.facebook.com/HarmonicAgenda
http://twitter.com/HarmonicAgenda
http://www.beatport.com/artist/harmonic-agenda/154269