22:10:00
A+ A-

#Indepth Interview with Alternate High aka Michael Schwarze about his release on Intense Emotions


Intense Emotions welcomes Alternate High with an absolute beauty of a tune  "Withering Matter"! 

This is label and artist in perfect synergy as the track has a driving intensity from the very start.

Anticipation is built throughout as it drives towards the breakdown which brims with emotion through the lush chords and hypnotic topline.

Alternate High captures the very essence of uplifting trance with Withering Matter which looks set to further cement both artist and label as true uplfting trance purists. 



It's always great to get to know closer upcoming artists that seems to follow their heart and manage to carry along with their productions trance fans. One of these names that seems to move upward is Alternate High from Dresden, Germany. We are glad he accepted our invitation for an interview about his Withering Matter track out on Intense Emotions which is the brand new imprint by Para X under the wings of Recoverworld Label Group. Here you can read his answers that we hope you find informative and entertaining too. 

Dimitri: When did you start your involvement with electronic dance music and which music style you are more affiliated with and why?

Alternate High: I started to listen to electronic music in 1995, but didn't start producing until 2002.

Dimitri: Did you had the opportunity to attend any kind of music production course or are u completely self taught? Do you consider that is essential for any artist to complete any production course?

Alternate High: I learned myself during the years. All you need is dedication, motivation and passion for what you do and you will come a long way. I don't believe you need courses for learning.



Dimitri: In which label was your first ever release and how did you manage to attract the attention of the label?

Alternate High: Trancer Recordings and I had connections.

Dimitri: Please pick for us your Top 5 tracks that you have produced and you consider them as being highly important for the progress of your career indifferent if they were commercially successful.

Alternate High: 
1.Euphoric 



2. You're not alone 



3. Strings of Destiny 



4. Withering Matter 



5. Instant Gratification (upcoming release in a few weeks)



Dimitri: Let's focus on your Withering High track. Please tell us from where did you got the inspiration for the track?

Alternate High: Withering Matter starts with a new kind of energy. I was inspired by my girlfriend Jenny, she taught me to believe in myself and brought out this new energy inside of me.

Dimitri: How long it took you to produce it and was an easy or difficult process?If you have faced any difficulties please tell us about them and how did you resolved them?

Alternate High: It was easy cause the song was already inside of me and it only took me a few days from start to finish.

Dimitri: Which was the biggest challenge that you faced during the production of this superb track?

Alternate High: To transform from emotional style to energetic style. I was used to produce more emotional before.

Dimitri: Can you describe to us the steps that you went through the production of this track and of any other track?

Alternate High: I usually start with the melodies, but this time I focused more on the intro at the start. How to find new energy elements needed for this new more energetic style was a challenge, but I am a quick learner. So this is something you will hear in upcoming tracks too.

Dimitri: When the track finished did the label accepted it as it was produced or did the label recommend you to do some changes or fix certain things?

Alternate High: All the basics were excellent, but we did some alterations in the melodies.



Dimitri: Is this track an original composition or is it based on a template from another track produced from you or another producer?

Alternate High: It was made from scratch which I always do.

Dimitri: Is the quality of this track higher than your previous one? If yes in what ways this track sounds better than your previous one?

Alternate High: The previous track was "Moments of Serenity" which has a different style so it is not comparable but the quality is equally high.

Dimitri: Do you have any friends or relatives that you send them the track before sending it to a label or if you are DJ did you test it in your gigs? If yes did you have to do any alterations as a result of the crowd reaction?

Alternate High: I sent it to my girlfriend and to Para X who loved it instantly and wanted to sign it on his new label.

Dimitri: Please describe to us the studio that you have produced the track? What is your favourite hardware and software set up? Do you have in mind any new gear that you wish to get in order to raise the quality of your production?

Alternate High: I have a home-studio, with the basics you need. I always produce in Cubase the DAW and the favourite software Synth I use is SPIRE.

Dimitri: Do you master the track yourself or the mastering is task for the record label? Do you understand mastering as being essential?

Alternate High: I don't have the skills nor the tools to master myself so I always use an Audio mastering service. To master a track is very essential in music production.

Dimitri: There is a growing trend of vinyl coming back for good. Would you like to see this track released on vinyl or any other of your future tracks? Do you prefer digital files or vinyl?

Alternate High: Vinyl is something special I think and I would love to see it more in the future, but at the moment I prefer digital.



Dimitri: Do you have any future releases planned and when will be released?

Alternate High: Of course I have. As long as I have the passion left I will always keep producing. Next release is at the end of June.

Dimitri: Do you produce a radio show/podcast as well? Please tell us here all the details about it. If you don't have one please tell us why you don't think is important for your career.

Alternate High: No cause for now I know many DJs etc that plays my song and I have an expanding fanbase, especially now thanks to the broadening of styles.

Dimitri: Best piece of advice you got in relation to your career so far and best tip you learnt recently to make your tracks better.

Alternate High: The best advice is to focus more on my original work because that shows more of myself and my ideas.

Dimitri: Give us here your tips or more elaborated advice for any new artists who may read this interview and wish to get involved with the electronic music industry.

Alternate High: Don't be scared to learn new things and don't use ghost producers to speed up the process of becoming successful. If you really want to be excellent you have to put time and effort into your productions. Use your time efficiently.

Additional info: