23:48:00
A+ A-

BEST OF 2017 Interview with Michael Fearon

Your Name: Michael Fearon
Your location(country,city): Belfast

Dimitri: Can you mention your biggest music career achievements in 2017?
Michael Fearon: 2017 was a dream come true for me from being played by the likes of Paul Van Dyk, Kyau & Albert, Myon, Mike Shiver and my idols Above & Beyond. I can honestly say it was a dream come true when they played my remix of Voices, not only that two weeks in a row! This year i achieved everything I had set out to achieve and now is the hardest part, keep an eye out for 2018!
Dimitri: Can you mention your biggest personal life achievements in 2017 that make you extremely proud?
Michael Fearon: Our little boy was born early this year which completed our family. I don't think his sister was to pleased.

1) Best Track from other artists:
I love everything these guys touch at the minute, Noise Zoo, Ilan Bluestone, Myon, Jason Ross, Grum, Steve Brian, Above & Beyond, the list goes on.















2) Your top 3 2017 personal productions
Hmm I have to say,
1. Straight Up, Joaquin Limon - Voices (Michael Fearon Remix) [Alter Ego]



2. High Frequencies & Michael Fearon - Axioma (Original Mix) [Elliptical Sun Recordings]




3. David Thulin, Euphoric Nation Feat Spencer Lloyd - Destiny (Michael Fearon Remix) [OHM Music]



3) Best Artist (Dj & producer):
For this year, everything they are doing at the minute and all the help theyve gave me it has to be my good friends over at Noise Zoo!



4) Best Remix from other artist:
Oliver Smith's take of Spencer Browns - Always Do You with Rachel K Collier



5) Best Remix that you have produced?
Again it has to be my Voices remix purely for the support it received.

6) Best Remixer:
I have a few that have blown me away this year, Oliver Smith, Marcus Santoro, Noise Zoo, Myon, Rolo Green, Mike Shiver and Maglev.













7) Best New Talent (DJ or producer):
I wouldn't say he's new but for me it's Leo Lauretti.



8) Best Electronic Music Album:
I've been lucky enough to have a sneak peak at a certain album from the Noise Zoo guys and let me tell you its going to be huge!

9) Best Electronic Music Compilation:
Anjunabeats Worldwide



10) Best artwork/cover of an Album or Compilation:
For me its got to be Statement! and Nanostate I love how they went for the cartoon style drawings as cover art, really different!





11) Best Lyrics in an Electronic Music track (it can be your production or from other artists)
We live
We breathe under the same moon
You're far

So far but i can feel you
You call and fall from the thousand miles away
I can't stop the same star

I will be there just like i told you i would
I will be there just like i told you i would
I will stay awake
Stay awake
Stay awake with you
I will be there just like i told you i would

Jason Ross, Lauren Ray  - I Will Be There (Original Mix) [Anjunabeats]



12) Best Vocalist/Singer featured on Electronic Music track:
I love Lauren Ray's tracks with Jason Ross, her vocal is flawless. And of course Spencer Lloyd has been the best vocalist ive had the pleasure of remixing!



13) Best Electronic Music Label:
Anjunabeats and Enhanced are leading the way on the progressive trance scene I think. But Alter Ego, OHM Music, Elliptical Sun Recordings and more are very special to me for the opportunities they have given me.











14) Best music composition software:
I don't have a preferred daw, but I like to go between Logic Pro and Ableton.

15) Best Club Event or Open Air Festival:
It would be amazing to be apart of any one day but the one that sticks out has to be Tomorrowland.



16) Best personal Dj Gig:
I'm still waiting on my first real booking, time will tell!

17) Best Dj set of the year from other fellow Dj:
Above & Beyond Group Therapy 250!



18) Best Radio show or Artist Vlog?:
Group Therapy!

19) Best Online Record shop that you purchase your music:
Beatport for me is way ahead of everywhere else for electronic music.

20) Best music related website that you visit frequently:
1001 tracklists, im constantly on there hoping to see some more of my tracks getting supported!

21) Best Dj equipment (software or hardware):
I love my new monitors, Adam A7x, top notch.

22) Best holiday destination for 2017 either to relax or to perform in a club or festival:
Well I'm just back from Disneyland Paris with the family, it was amazing even tho it rained most of it. I'm not a Disney fan at all but i have to say it won me over!

23) Best Electronic Music magazines in printed form not online:
Has to be between DJ Mag & Future Music!

24) Best online/PC/video game of the year that you have played this year?
Thats a hard one I have to say FIFA I've been buying it every year since i can remember!

Dimitri: Finally, please tell our readers your plans with your future releases, tracks, albums, collaborations, DJ gigs.
Michael Fearon: Well if your reading this that's already a great start. 2018 is looking really promising for me all I can say now is keep an eye out for plenty more new music.

Thanks to Omair Mirza at OHM Music for organizing this interview.

Additional info: