05:16:00
A+ A-

BEST OF 2017 Interview with Euphoric Nation


Your Name: Euphoric Nation (Don Ortega)
Your location(country,city): United States, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Dimitri: Can you mention your biggest music career achievements in 2017?
Euphoric Nation: Releasing a collaboration track with my friend David Thulin on Ohm Music and having a Top 100 DJ support it.  Also reaching close to 100k spotify streams from that same track!
Dimitri: Can you mention your biggest personal life achievements in 2017 that make you extremely proud?
Euphoric Nation: I'm extremely proud of the work I'm doing in the Minneapolis trance scene.  Trance was basically non-existent two years ago and I've been working with out local promoter to bring it back.  I've also helped play a role in developing a network of trance DJs here and clubs throw local trance DJ shows frequently!
1) Best Track from other artists:
Tempo Giusto - Past x Future



2) Your top 3 2017 personal productions
I've only had one track released on Ohm - David Thulin, Euphoric Nation - Destiny feat. Spencer Lloyd



3) Best Artist (Dj & producer):
I would have to say that Heatbeat has been on fire this year with their tracks!



4) Best Remix from other artist:
I was honestly really impressed with Kris Hauland's remix of that track Destiny.



5) Best Remix that you have produced?
I didn't produce any remixes this year

6) Best Remixer:
Blue5even has been a hot remixer this year!



7) Best New Talent (Dj or producer):
I really have been getting into Denis Kenzo this year and all of his tracks have been fire!



8) Best Lyrics in an Electronic Music track (it can be your production or from other artists)
Definitely a vote for our track Destiny.  But other tracks I've had on repeat include -

Feel, Jaren - Losing Time



Kyau & Albert - Love Letter From The Future feat. Adaja Black



4 Strings, Katty Heath - Story Of Your Heart



9) Best Vocalist/Singer featured on Electronic Music track:
I'm absolutely in love with Katty Heath's voice!



10) Best Electronic Music Label:
Definitely Ohm Music!



11) Best Online Social media for communication with your fans:
Facebook has been #1 for me

12) Best Twitter or Facebook message or Instagram message you received from a fan or friend or you have read on someone else’s account:
I had someone from the UK message me and say - "Hi just a quick message to say that your sets are bangin and your easily the best most consistent trance dj out there! Is there anywhere online I can listen to every trance paradise from past to present? Always look forward to your new sets coming out and it's a pleasure to listen to man keep up the good work!"  It was an awesome feeling to get such positive feedback!

13) Best music composition software:
Cubase

14) Best Club Event or Open Air Festival:
First time in San Francisco and I checked out the DNA Lounge with some other promoters from the area.  It was an event called "ACID RAIN: Raver's Dream" and it was multiple rooms with psy-trance and happy hardcore.  It was the time of my life!

15) Best personal DJ Gig:
I had the opportunity to play an open to close set to celebrate 7 years of my radio show at REV Ultra Lounge in Minneapolis.  It was an awesome show.

16) Best DJ set of the year from other fellow DJ:
Zan & Ezi are a local Minneapolis DJ duo and every set of theirs is stellar.

17) Best country that you have played in 2017 and where did you met the best festival/event crowd:
United States!  Didn't get to attend any festivals this year unfortunately

18) Best Radio show or Artist Vlog?:
I have to vote for my own radio show - Trance Paradise.  :)



19) Best Radio station:
AH.FM by far

20) Best Online Record shop that you purchase your music:
Beatport

21) Best music related website that you visit frequently:
Edmsauce.com

22) Best Smart phone or smart phone application:
Samsung Galaxy is an awesome brand of phones

23) Best Dj equipment (software or hardware):
Pioneer CDJ by far

24) Best new sound or sample that has been used in Electronic Music this year perhaps introduced first by you?
None that I can think of

25) Best tip that you learnt this year for your Djing techniques or music composition:
Best production tip I learned is to take it slow... be mindful of the journey and not to put so much pressure on myself

26) Best piece of advice you got in relation to your career in 2017:
Career advice has always been never give up.  It's a journey of ups and downs.  Enjoy the good times and bunker through the tough times.

27) Best holiday destination for 2017 either to relax or to perform in a club or festival:
I would love to play in Chicago again some day!

28) Best Electronic Music magazines in printed form not online:
Don't really read any

29) Best Movie of the year that may inspire you to compose a track:
Maybe not movie - but I'm obsessed with the music in Stranger Things

30) Best online/PC/video game of the year that you have played this year?
League of Legends by far!

31) Best soundtrack for video game of the year:
League of Legends as well.  They've incorporated so much EDM in their music!

32) Best electronic music related joke you heard this year and make you still laugh:
Didn't hear any sadly!

33) The saddest electronic music news you heard this year and still makes u cry:
I try to avoid sad news ;)

Dimitri: Finally, please tell our readers your plans with your future releases, tracks, albums, collaborations, Dj gigs.
Euphoric Nation: I have another Ohm track coming out early 2018 that I can't wait for!  I also have a feeling that 2018 will be huge for cities that I will get to play in.  The future is so exciting!
Thanks to Omair Mirza at Ohm Music for organizing this interview.

Additional info:
Snapchat: euphoricnation