21:26:00
A+ A-

Flux BPM InDepth Interview with Eran Hersh about Broken Memories on Pinkstar / Sirup



With Broken Memories, Miami-based artist Eran Hersh brings you to another world. This dreamy track combines smooth chopped-up vocals that will warm up your heart. Enjoy his fantastic track while we unlock the secrets behind the production process of Broken Memories with Eran Hersh who has accepted the challenge for an indepth interview.



Stream / Download: HERE

Dimitri: When did you start your involvement with electronic dance music and which music style you are more affiliated with and why?

Eran Hersh: I started my journey in electronic music at the age of 13 and since then I am affiliated with house music.

Dimitri: Did you had the opportunity to attend any kind of music production course or are u completely self taught? Do you consider that is essential for any artist to complete any production course?

Eran Hersh: I am completely self taught and I think dedication is the most important thing whether you take courses or learn it by yourself. In my case it was a question about money.

Dimitri: In which label was your first ever release and how did you manage to attract the attention of the label?

Eran Hersh: SouthSide recordings. I sent them a demo and the owner of the label liked it and signed it right away.

Dimitri: Please pick for us your Top 5 tracks that you have produced and you consider them as being highly important for the progress of your career indifferent if they were commercially successful.

Eran Hersh: 
Eran Hersh & Darmon - Brothers 




Eran Hersh & Darmon - Good Morning Miami 




Eran Hersh & Darmon - It goes down 




Eran Hersh - I’ll let you go 



Afrojack - Esther (Eran Hersh & Darmon Remix) 



Dimitri: Let's focus on your latest release Broken Memories. Please tell us from where did you got the inspiration for the track?

Eran Hersh: It was a late night session in the studio when I started to think about the past and the future and that’s when I created the melody for ‘Broken Memories’ and then few days later I created the track.

Dimitri: How long it took you to produce it and was an easy or difficult process?If you have faced any difficulties please tell us about them and how did you resolved them?

Eran Hersh: First of all it took about a month. I created two versions of the track and it was really hard to decide which one that was the stronger of the two. I tried both of them in one of my sets and realized that one of them worked better on the dance floor so I went with that version.



Dimitri: Which was the biggest challenge that you faced during the production of this superb track?

Eran Hersh: Time. It was very hard to find time to finish the record. Also to find the right groove I wanted to go with and what kind of loops to use on the drop.

Dimitri: Can you describe to us the steps that you went through the production of this track and of any other track?

Eran Hersh: Well I usually create the melody first, then I go and create the drops. Then I combine them and make the breaks. Towards the end I just add effects and extras.

Dimitri: When the track finished did the label accepted it as it was produced or did the label recommend you to do some changes or fix certain things?

Eran Hersh: Yes they Received it with no changes.



Dimitri: Is this track an original composition or is it based on a template from another track produced from you or another producer?

Eran Hersh: All original 

Dimitri: Is the quality of this track higher than your previous one? If yes in what ways this track sounds better than your previous one?

Eran Hersh: Yes definitely, the production of it is so far the best I’ve done.

Dimitri: Do you have any friends or relatives that you send them the track before sending it to a label or if you are DJ did you test it in your gigs? If yes did you have to do any alterations as a result of the crowd reaction?

Eran Hersh: I usually send it to my brother and partner Darmon first and listen to his opinion. After that I try it in one of my gigs. As I mentioned before, this specific track had two versions and I went with the one that got the best response from the crowd.


Dimitri: Please describe to us the studio that you have produced Broken Memories? What is your favourite hardware and software set up? Do you have in mind any new gear that you wish to get in order to raise the quality of your production?

Eran Hersh: Its my home studio where i create all my ideas. my favorite hardware is my Virus TI. My software is Abelton live 9 and Spire. As for future gear purchasing i will want to get the Subpac S2 and a minimoog voyager blue edition.

Dimitri: Do you master the track yourself or the mastering is task for the record label? Do you understand mastering as being essential?

Eran Hersh: I outsource mastering for my tracks 

Dimitri: Any thoughts to add some remixes in the package?

Eran Hersh: As of now there’re no remixes yet.

Dimitri: Do you have any future releases planned and when will be released?

Eran Hersh: Yes I do. My next release will be on Flamingo records. “Da Bass”



Dimitri: Can you mention to us here your Top 3 best DJ gigs so far and the reasons that made them so special?

Eran Hersh: LIV nightclub in Miami because it’s a big room and I had super fun playing there.
Second I would say 1OAK Los Angeles and third Bleu Nightclub in Detroit where I played New Year’s Eve. All these places gave my the highest energy and the vibe was on a another level.

Dimitri: Do you have any more DJ gigs planned for the next few months? 

Eran Hersh: Yes I play at the rooftop of the 1 Hotel in Miami in January and in February I will be back in Los Angeles to play ‘the deep space party’ at 1OAK. And then back in Miami for Winter Music Conference. In between I have gigs in New York and Las Vegas.

Dimitri: Do you produce a radio show/podcast as well? Please tell us here all the details about it. 

Eran Hersh: I do, it’s called ‘Back2Deep’ where I share carefully picked music from around the world that I play in my sets and you can find it on my SoundCloud @Eranhersh



Dimitri: Best piece of advice you got in relation to your career so far and best tip you learnt recently to make your tracks better.

Eran Hersh: Always stick to your work and never give up. 

Dimitri: Please give us here your tips or more elaborated advice for any new artists who may read this interview and wish to get involved with the electronic music industry.

Eran Hersh: You have to have a strong personality and know what you’re going for. Be ready to make sacrifices and work hard at the end it will be worth it.



Thanks so much to Eran Hersh for answering this very informative interview.
Thanks to Sirup Music for arranging this interview. 

Additional info: