02:24:00
A+ A-

Best of 2017 Interview with Basil'O'Glue


Your Name: Basil O'Glue
Your location(country,city): Greece

Dimitri: Can you mention your biggest music career achievements in 2017?
Basil O'Glue: Well, my biggest achievement in 2017 is definitely the release of my artist album.  I've been working on it more than a year, and I am very happy with the result. Actually in my opinion, my artist album is my biggest achievement not in 2017 but in my whole carrier.
1) Best Track from other artists:
Jerome Isma -Ae - Kubrick



2) Your top 3 2017 personal productions
3 tracks from my album ! 

 "Everyone Has A Story"



"The Sun Will Rise Again" 



"Live For A Second"



3) Best Artist (Dj & producer):
Jerome Isma-Ae



4) Best Remix from other artist:
Way Out West - Tuesday Maybe (Guy J Remix)



5) Best Remix that you have produced?
Airwave - Amber Sky


6) Best Remixer:
Yotto



7) Best New Talent (Dj or producer):
Philipp Kempnich



8) Best Electronic Music Album:
Einmusik - Serenade



9) Best Electronic Music Compilation:
Pure Trance 6




10) Best artwork/cover of an Album or Compilation:
I like Suara's cat project



11) Best Electronic Music Label:
Einmusika and the sublabel EIN2



12) Best Twitter or Facebook message or Instagram message you received from a fan or friend or you have read on someone else’s account:
I receive messages  from time to time but the one that got my attention was from someone who wanted to thank me for my music and asked if he can pay me directly instead of purchasing from a digital store.. That was as bit awkward at first , but then I remembered , that I've done exactly the same, many years ago, with one of my favourite producers. I still wasn't producing  then, just enjoying the music. I sent the money instead of buying from digital stores. When i did it, i felt like I 100 % support the artist I like.

13) Best music composition software:
Propellerheads reason 10

14) Best personal Dj Gig:
My gig in Sofia  last September. Small club , great people, warm atmosphere.



15) Best DJ set of the year from other fellow DJ:
Gai Barone's set on Pure trance party at ADE 2017



16) Best country that you have played in 2017 and where did you met the best festival/event crowd:
Netherlands /  ADE



17) Best Radio station:
DI.fm

18) Best Dj equipment (software or hardware):
Korg Minilogue

19) Best piece of advice you got in relation to your career in 2017:
Never volunteer information.  I don't remember who told me this, but it's like the best advice in the universe

20) Best hobby or activity that you spent a lot of time in 2017:
I spent some time with painting scale figures...

21) Best Movie of the year that may inspire you to compose a track:
Not a movie of 2017 , but I saw it some weeks ago  "Interstellar"

22) Best soundtrack for video game of the year:
I don't play video games... so cannot say

Additional info:
facebook.com/basilogluemusic
twitter.com/BasilOGlue
https://soundcloud.com/basil-oglue