03:40:00
A+ A-

BEST OF 2017 Interview with Alex Wright


Your Name: Alex Wright
Your location(country,city): Nottingham, United Kingdom

Can you mention your biggest music career achievements in 2017?
Alex Wright: Releasing The Vixen & The Lioness on the newly-launched FSOE Fables label is definitely one of them. Ferry Tayle claimed it was his track of the year and Dan Stone had been supporting my tracks all around the globe for some time now so I'm very grateful to have signed a track I'm very proud of to their new imprint. Another achievement was warming up for Ferry Tayle at the Trance Sanctuary & Friendz Boat After Party back in August with my good friend Jonny Royall. We managed to play plenty of our own productions to warm the crowd up, starting from his bootleg of NINA - My Mistake which has been played on Radio 1 and all over different events by Will Atkinson and progressing through slower stuff up towards tracks of mine like 'Havana' (with Allen Belg on AVA Recordings), and 'The Third Eye' (on Always Alive Recordings). The crowd really enjoyed the progression and we got things heated up nicely before the main man took over.
Can you mention your biggest personal life achievements in 2017 that make you extremely proud?
Alex Wright: I finally quit my part time job as a kitchen assistant at an old people's home which I'd worked in since my first year at university. I stayed on whilst living at home with my parents for 18 months after I graduated to focus on building the foundations of my career in music but eventually became bored of the job and needed a change. I found a full time position as an in-house AV Technician at the Emirates Stadium for Aztec Event Services and moved to London for six months which finally gave me independence again and some great experience relating to the AV industry. Unfortunately towards the end of the summer I was moved away from Arsenal to work out on Exhibitions at ExCel center which meant my working hours and commute times increased and became less consistent, and the final nail in the coffin for the job was being moved again to the company's warehouse which resulted in me having to commute a total of 4 hours each day in busy London crowds and work night shifts on a bi-monthly basis which affected my health badly and resulted in 0 hours of music production for many weeks. Since quitting the job I've managed to get my own production, mastering, and tuition business up and running, with work coming in steadily whilst exploring ways to generate more leads. My goal is to work for myself doing music production, and I'm very proud that I'm putting my hard work and experience into something that I deeply love right now.
1) Best Track from other artists:
Ciaran McAuley - Tears


2) Your top 3 2017 personal productions:
1) The Vixen & The Lioness


2) Havana (with Allen Belg)


3) Planetaria


3) Best Artist (Dj & producer):
Thomas Datt


4) Best Remix from other artist:
Randy Katana - Fancy Fair (Daniel Skyver Bootleg)


5) Best Remix that you have produced?
Gerome Feat. Cassandra Grey - Into The Unknown (Alex Wright Remix)


Check Trance Encounters with Alex Wright #050 streamed on 1mix radio



Additional info:
http://facebook.com/alexwrightmusic
https://www.facebook.com/wrightmusicservices/
http://twitter.com/alexwrightmusic
http://soundcloud.com/alex-wright
https://www.mixcloud.com/AlexWrightMusic