22:48:00
A+ A-

Best of 2018 Interview with DJ & producer Ckhrisk


CKHRISK is  the 22 years old upcoming and quickly rising producer who loves to make melodies and has a sense for contemporary hits like his latest single on Sirup Music called YOU.

Dimitris: Can you mention your biggest music career achievements in 2018?

CKHRISK: Happy about my three releases this year: One via German label Ionic Records, second one via Ivory Oasis and my last one with Sirup Music! Also i have a great team of people behind me now and a lot is going to happen soon.

Dimitris: Can you rate 2018 for you as a year with 1 being very bad until 10 that is perfect year!

CKHRISK: 8 very good year, I released three new tracks this year which i am very happy about. Furthermore, I got to know a great team of people who do all the best to push me and my (producer) friends.

1) Best 3 Tracks from other artists in 2018, please give us a short comment for each track:

CKHRISK: Taska Black - Forever: The track is amazing and gives a great feeling! Really like the beginning which is an amazing introduction for the whole track. Drop is really powerful. Great Live Shows btw!



Mike Shinoda - Crossing A Line: Amazing track to have a good time. Really nice pop rock vibes.



Bob Moses - Enough To Believe: I love Bob Moses tracks! He includes Acoustic and Synth which makes their tracks really outstanding. I like the Indie vibe.



2) Your 3 Best of 2018 personal productions, give us more background info about them.

Rocket: , I made this track a while a go. I really liked to make the uprising vibe with the help of the arpeggiator effect. Its really energetic.



You Want This: This is special to me. I was studying in the us for 6 month this year and met a new friend, Torblå from Norway. One day, he said lets make a deep house track, so we did. After I put a vocal sample on it we called it "You Want This".



You: I am really happy with this release. The creative part was made in a few hours and I was so hyped to finish it that I had to skip sleeping. I love to make melodic music and I think I really created a vibe here. Lets see where it goes!



3) Best Artist in 2018(DJ & producer) please explain why you pick him/her up:

CKHRISK: 1. Martin Garrix - He is a big role model for me, the things he achieved in those few years, making amazing melodies and being such a sympathetic and nice person.



2. Matisse & Sadko - Their songs are great! I love their melodies and they can create such cool vibes! Would be insane to work together.



3. Taska Black - Discovered his music since his release on STMPD Rec. His tracks are sick! I really like his style and his live sets are great as well.



4. Lane 8 - Just listening to his music and you are in a deep chill mode. Insane chord progressions with analogue sounds. Looking forward to see one of his shows.



4) Best Remix in 2018:

CKHRISK:  Lane 8 - No Captain - (Dirty South Remix)



5) Best Remix that you have produced in 2018, please tell us why you believe is your best work?

CKHRISK: I made a remix for Noah Kahan - Hurt Somebody, unfortunately I didn't release it but everybody who listened to it had the drop melody stick in their heads.

6) Best Remixer for 2018, please tell us why you choose him/her:

CKHRISK: Matisse & Sadko as well as Dubvision. Its really hard to make a track with a great vibe even better. They have done it.





7) Best New Talent in 2018 (DJ or producer), please explain the reasons why you choose him/her :

CKHRISK:  Todd Helder, his tracks are so unique! Really powerful and strong and i think he is a huge talent.



8) Best electronic music album in 2018? Please explain your decision why you think is the best album?(b) Do you believe that albums are still relevant or you prefer singles:

CKHRISK:  Lane 8 - Little by Little, As i mentioned before I love Lane 8's music. The use of analog sounds really creates a nice vibe which gives you goosebumps directly. An album with full of those tracks is a great achievement!

In my opinion an album is still relevant and a nice thing to do if you have a good follower base.



9) Best lyrics in an electronic music track in 2018 (it can be your production or from other artists) Please explain why you like these lyrics so much!

CKHRISK: Alex Palls lyrics for the Chainsmokers are really nice! Deep sense behind them.



Dimitris: Do you have a radio show or vlog? Have you produced any YouTube tutorials for fellow artists to learn from you? If yes please tell us here the details and choose the best episode from your radio show/vlog/YouTube tutorial for 2018.

CKHRISK: Don't have my own tutorials or vlogs. Really like the Deconstructed Videos of Genius or the Production Class from Dubvision.



10) Best production or DJ equipment (a)software & (b) hardware) in 2018 particularly if they were released in 2018:

CKHRISK: I really like the new update of Logic Pro X, it has some insane vintage synths.

11) Best technical tips that you learnt in 2018 in relation to your DJing or music productions:

CKHRISK: Always try to use buses if you are working with Logic. I try to have a synth bus and a bass bus to have even more control about the sounds and to let them glue together.

12) Best piece of advice you got in relation to your career in 2018 and has helped you to progress even further:

CKHRISK: Try to finish as many tracks as possible. Don't stop too long, always try to make music even if its just about ideas. Just do what you like don't concentrate too much on trendy sounds.

Dimitris: Can you mention briefly your plans for your future releases, tracks, albums, collaborations, DJ gigs for 2019!

CKHRISK: I am looking forward to release even more music next year. Their will be upcoming collabs and remixes with other great artists! We are working on playing some shows/gigs which i think would be nice as well. Something nice together with my good friend FRDY is in the planning as well.



Dimitris: Finally, what is your biggest wish for 2019 and give us your wishes for our readers?

CKHRISK: My biggest wish is to have a release on STMPD. I wish my readers all the best! Keep up making music even if you are personally down. If its your passion it will help you getting into a good mood and you will regret stopping to produce due to personal reasons. Best, Chris

Thanks to CKHRISK for replying in this interview.

Additional info:
www.facebook.com/ckhrisk