00:05:00
A+ A-

Flux BPM #InDepth Interview with HamzeH about Phantom on Above All


HamzeH is one to watch in 2018! After successful releases on Above All Records and Suanda, supported by Armin van Buuren his new tune "Phantom" is the next in line to capture the dancefloors!



You can buy here

Dimitri: When did you start your involvement with electronic dance music and which music style you are more affiliated with and why?

HamzeH: I've started my journey as a musician / producer at the age of 17, Anyone who knows me know how much of a fan of Trance music I am, so I'm mainly oriented to producing Trance music.

Dimitri: Did you had the opportunity to attend any kind of music production course or are u completely self taught? Do you consider that is essential for any artist to complete any production course?

HamzeH: I'd say I'm completely self taught, I'm enrolled in a couple masterclasses coming this year just to explore some tips and tricks from the world's leading artists, so yes I'd say its not a bad idea to give some time to learn from other producers, but I can't really recommend this as I've never tried it before.

Dimitri: In which label was your first ever release and how did you manage to attract the attention of the label?

HamzeH: I had my first release on a label called Massive Trance Records, I actually sent the demo to one of the scene's decent labels, I got a reply from the label owner apologising as the track does not fit for his main label, but he can help me sign it on another label that he does the A&R for, and that's how I got my first track on Massive Trance Records. 

Dimitri: Can u mention to us your Top 5 tracks that you have produced and you consider them as being highly important for the progress of your career indifferent if they were commercially successful.

HamzeH: This is a tricky question, as for me every track is a chapter of my story but I'll give it a try haha!

1- HamzeH - The Last Call



2- HamzeH - Lacuna



3- HamzeH - Orbit



4- HamzeH - You & Me



5- HamzeH & Eryon Stocker pres. Finality - Abandoned



Dimitri: Let's focus on Phantom. Please tell us from where did you got the inspiration for the track?

HamzeH: "Phantom" was actually a follow-up for a previous release I had in which has made a huge success for me as an artist, and just right after the release of "The Last Call", I had an idea to write another melody and create a follow-up for it, this is the short version of how "Phantom" was born.

Dimitri: How long it took you to produce it and was an easy or difficult process?If you have faced any difficulties please tell us about them and how did you resolved them?

HamzeH: To be honest, If you were ever in my studio or if you ask anyone who was, they'd tell you that I'm a real perfectionist. I used to be someone who just prefer to release as many tracks as I can and as soon as possible, but for the past year I started investing as much time as I can in every little detail for the sake of delivering the best possible outcome. I wouldn't say that I faced difficulties, but for sure it wasn't an easy process, it was exciting though! :)



Dimitri: Is the quality of this track higher than your previous one? If yes in what ways this track sounds better than your previous one?

HamzeH: I always try to top my previous release regardless of how good it was, even if it's a small improvement but for me it's important to keep improving myself and try different techniques.

Dimitri: Please describe to us the studio that you have produced the track? What is your favourite hardware and software set up? Do you have in mind any new gear that you wish to get in order to raise the quality of your production?

HamzeH: My favorite VST is definitely Spire, I'm a huge fan of this particular plugin especially with their latest update, they've taken it to a whole new level. for the hardware part, I'd say that my favorite hardware in which I currently own is the Apollo Twin MK II.

Dimitri: Do you have any future releases planned and when will be released?

HamzeH: 2018 is gonna be filled with releases, I already have more than 8 releases lined up for release and the year is just getting started, Just wait for it :)

Dimitri: Do you plan to start producing your own radio show soon? 

HamzeH: I don't produce a radio show, but the idea is in my mind but I'm taking it slowly, I have a plan to launch it possibly in 2019 :)



Dimitri: Best piece of advice you got in relation to your career so far and best tip you learnt recently to make your tracks better.

HamzeH: Honestly, I don't really believe that there is one generic advise regarding making your tracks better, my only advice is: There is no right and wrong in music, just do what you love and trust your ears, one way or another, you'll end up finding your own sound.

Dimitri: Please give us here your tips or more elaborated advice for any new artists who may read this interview and wish to get involved with the electronic music industry.

HamzeH: This is a very important question. I've recently been asked the exact same question multiple times. My advice for any other producer is to invest in themselves, stop using cracked illegal programs and sounds. I don't really get any commission for saying this, but trust me, when you spend money that you hardly earned on something, you will automatically raise your commitment towards it. If you really don't think it's worth it to spend your money on something, then probably you don't love it enough.

Additional info: