17:39:00
A+ A-

BEST OF 2017 Interview with Nicola Maddaloni


Your Name: Nicola Maddaloni
Your location(country,city): Italy, Naples

Dimitri: Can you mention your biggest music career achievements in 2017?
Nicola: I have had many satisfactions in 2017 but if i have to choose one is for sure the release of a single called "Scream" into the Go On Air Hot or Not Sampler on the brand of Giuseppe Ottaviani Go On Air Recordings. Have been huge fan of his art from ages, so release on his label and be played three times from him is really a great achievement.
Dimitri: Can you mention your biggest personal life achievements in 2017 that make you extremely proud?
Nicola: Included my previous reply on the signing on Go On Air, i have had pleased to release on Redux main label a new Vocal track featuring a hugely talented singer Crystal Blakk, the track is called "A New Life's Begun" included a great remix from Six Senses, and a recent single i released as debut on Manuel Rocca's Label Levitated Music, both singles have been doing really well, so i'm a proud producer( as for every my creation). I have also an EP forthcoming very soon I think in a legendary brand which is also a Black Hole Recordings Sub Label. I can't say nothing else from now because it's not in promo but keep follow my social media, I will keep updated about my Musical News.
1) Best Track from other artists:
I have been impressed from Roll The Credits from Simon Patterson, and the great vibes from The Tribe by Vini Vici.





2) Your top 3 2017 personal productions
1) Nicola Maddaloni feat. Crystal Blakk - A New Lifes Begun(Extended Mix)



2) Nicola Maddaloni - The Journey (Original Mix)



3) Nicola Maddaloni - Scream (Original Mix)



3) Best Artist (Dj & producer):
There are many i appreciate for their craft into the production : Aly & Fila, Mark Sherry, Sean Tyas are among others some of the Industry's top DJ/Producers for me.





4) Best Remix from other artist:
Nicola Maddaloni - Rebirth (Carl Crellin & Mark S Remix) which was released earlier this year on Sorcery Records.
I really loved this remix from the first time I heard it. My Original was a  twisted progressive Trancer but the remix from this talented duo really impressed me, also added a great uplifting euphoria to my composition.



5) Best Remix that you have produced?
 It's really hard to find one. I don't make too much remixes but talking on my most recent works, I really loved to work on the talented producer Dreamy - Among Them (Nicola Maddaloni Remix) produced two years ago for Redux Recordings in tech lifting style ( which is one of my favorite Home Labels in the years), but also a remix i did for Sorcery Records at the end of last Year called "Beyond" in full progressive Dream Trance, until my last one I did for an Italian House DJ called " My Meditation , which is still progressive Trance but i really enjoyed to rework on an Orchestral Oriental breakdown, composing a brand new theme but respecting the Original vocals and the bass chords. I Like to be even more creative in the remix process, experimenting a lot, so I hope which you like them.



6) Best Remixer:
Sean Tyas



7) Best New Talent (Dj or producer):
Rene Ablaze



8) Best Electronic Music Album:
The Thrillseekers ‎– Escape



9) Best Electronic Music Compilation:
REDUX AMSTERDAM SELECTION 2017

10) Best artwork/cover of an Album or Compilation:
Discover Records Artwork are awesome.



11) Best Lyrics in an Electronic Music track (it can be your production or from other artists)
Nicola Maddaloni Feat Claire Willis - The way You Are(Original  Mix) that was my very first track featuring the Talented Singer Songwriter Claire Willis, the meaning of this track was all about the Music and the sacrifices which all of us real electronic musicians make for the love of the Music.



12) Best Vocalist/Singer featured on Electronic Music track:
Alex M.O.R.P.H. feat. Sylvia Tosun - An Angel's Love , shivers all the times :)



13) Best Electronic Music Label:
Black Hole Recordings



14) Best Electronic Music Video:
Nicola Maddaloni feat. Crystal Blakk - A New Lifes Begun(Extended Mix) by TranceDivine videos. Lisa has great visual talent.



15) Best Online Social media for communication with your fans:
I like more Facebook, I have been on this social from beginning of my career, but all social are great to keep in touch with fellow artists and especially for see / reach the Trance fans audience. I really love to read the feedbacks on my tracks, always!

16) Best Twitter or Facebook message or Instagram message you received from a fan or friend or you have read on someone else’s account:
I keep in mind many messages from people which are following my Musical Journey, but it's impossible for me to choose one from them! I am simply grateful for every single person which takes some time from listen and give me feedback from one of my works released so far. That was my main point when i have started the production, to be heard for what I am.

17) Best music composition software:
I Love to Use Logic as main daw Pro but i also love to use in re wire more Ableton Live. Reason was my first love back in the days.

18) Best Club Event or Open Air Festival:
Trance Gate Festival

19) Best personal Dj Gig:
I am promoting myself mainly as a Producer, but I am also a DJ from the beginning of my career even if I actually not make podcasts, just some Dj/Producer Guest mixes. I'd like to perform more as live act in next years and to be more in touch with Trance Music event Promoters.

20) Best Dj set of the year from other fellow DJ:
Rene Ablaze live at Luminosity



21) Best country that you have played in 2017 and where did you met the best festival/event crowd:
Unfortunately I have not played in any country this year but some years ago I went to a Trance Gate event, not for play, but I have to say there is really great atmosphere with lot of Italian Trancers, some of them including the event promoter I have in my Facebook account and I know how much they are passionate to this Music.

22) Best Radio show or Artist Vlog?:
FSOE / ASOT / Degenerate / Outburst Radioshow






23) Best Radio station:
AfterHours FM / DI.FM

24) Best Online Record shop that you purchase your music:
Beatport / Trackitdown

25) Best music related website that you visit frequently:
FluxBPM Online

26) Best Dj equipment (software or hardware):
I like Ableton Live especially in the" session view" for the versatility that you can use for play live with your own Music Production parts, stems , etc.

27) Best new sound or sample that has been used in Electronic Music this year perhaps introduced first by you?
I really not introduced nothing new about sounds i think , but I like often to add into my productions 
(both in progressive and Uplifting styles) some "portamento " leads for which I add a specific tune for enrich the main theme melody in the late climax, for add some variations. In the Uplifting I love the Saw Arplines , and the plucks sounds, almost always added to my arrangements.

28) Best tip that you learnt this year for your Djing techniques or music composition:
In the Production process Your Ears and your Brain are the best tools ever, always trust them.

29) Best piece of advice you got in relation to your career in 2017:
I have had not many advices to be honest , but i have worked with some labels that have worked hard to promote my Music Productions for which i'm really grateful for.

30) Best hobby or activity that you spent a lot of time in 2017:
I am a really monotonous kinda guy, I just like Music.

31) Best holiday destination for 2017 either to relax or to perform in a club or festival:
Nothing planned yet, not much free time to dedicate to relax to be honest.
But I'd love to perform as Artist one day,  and also visit Luminosity Beach Festival , it's the best Trance Festival and I love the vibes over there.

32) Best Electronic Music magazines in printed form not online:
DJ Mag Italy for which I have had the honor to be reviewed a few times from the beginning of my career. you can check all of them on my artist page of Facebook.

33) Best Movie of the year that may inspire you to compose a track:
I have been inspired from cinematic composers such as Ennio Morricone, Hans Zimmer , John Williams or James Newton Howard.

34) Best online/PC/video game of the year that you have played this year?
I like to play chess on line, not fan of video games.

35) The saddest electronic music news you heard this year and still makes u cry:
The death of the Huge Roberto Concina ( Robert Miles ) when I heard it it shocked me, such a huge inspiration for the actual Trance Scene.

Dimitri: Finally, please tell our readers your plans with your future releases, tracks, albums, collaborations, Dj gigs.
Nicola: I have many upcoming projects currently signed and waiting for release in the next few months on many different and well respected labels. Planning some collaborations too but nothing finished at the moment. for sure I hope for some gigs too next year as said before. Mainly I'm glad to still be able to produce Music, and I hope not to disappoint the people which follows me, even if they knows that I like to experiment and to fuse more different styles.

Thanks to Rene Ablaze at Redux Recordings for organising this interview

Additional info: