22:26:00
A+ A-

BEST OF 2017 Interview Table 18


Your Name: Jerry Tebbs
Your location(country,city): Guangzhou, China

Dimitri: Can you mention your biggest music career achievements in 2017?
Table 18: Getting signed to Alter Ego for a remix for sure. Also having gotten in touch with the network of producers that came with that. OHM (which is an up & coming label) has been another huge opportunity considering the big name support they have gotten. Alter Ego has been a HUGE label for the last several years that has helped launch a lot of artists into a larger spotlight. My next step is keeping the momentum rolling to make my name stand out to big names.
Dimitri: Can you mention your biggest personal life achievements in 2017 that make you extremely proud?
Table 18: Getting signed with real labels that have legitimate promo contacts to the biggest names in Trance and Progressive. One label started it all as it opened doors for other bigger and better labels.
1) Best Track from other artists:
Currently I am really loving anything from Josh Bailey, "The Kingmaker" is amazing. He also has a few collabs with Maglev coming out soon. I had a guest mix from Josh Bailey on my podcast so you can hear his exclusive set there. Also I love anything from Ilan Bluestone and Oliver Smith. I'm very excited about his new releases.







2) Your top 3 2017 personal productions
Number 1 Gene Xander - Paradigm City (Table 18 Remix) that is coming out with Alter Ego before NYE2017 opening up 2018. You'll have to keep an eye out for that to hear it.



Number 2 Table 18 - Leviathan (Original Mix) [Entrancing Music]



Number 3 Table 18 - Supernova (Original Mix) [Entrancing Music]



Or my bootleg of "No Beef by Afrojack & Steve Aoki.



3) Best Artist (Dj & producer):
Ilan Bluestone. His sound and style resonates with me on a deep level.



4) Best Remix from other artist:
Above & Beyond - We're All We Need (Ilan Bluestone Remix) This track is the perfect "anthem" where you have no idea what it is until the vocals come in. It's absolutely amazing.



5) Best Remix that you have produced?
Gene Xander - Paradigm City (Table 18 Remix) This track opened the door to be joining the ranks of Alter Ego.

6) Best Remixer:
Right now the remixers that are heavily on my radar are Hexlogic, Ilan Bluestone, Marcus Santoro







7) Best New Talent (Dj or producer):
I have been a huge fan of Sundrowner lately. His sound is completely unique and extremely emotional.



8) Best Electronic Music Album:
What little I have heard from Ilan Bluestone's upcoming album. I can't wait to hear it all.



9) Best Electronic Music Compilation:
Hmmm, Right now I currently spend most my listening on spotify playlists or podcasts app. I listen to Mint by Spotify a lot and I regularly listen to International Departures with Shane 54 and ABGT with Above & Beyond. Hope that answer is sufficient.

10) Best artwork/cover of an Album or Compilation:
I really love the artwork from "Saturate Audio" It's bright and sticks out.



11) Best Lyrics in an Electronic Music track (it can be your production or from other artists)
Still been in love with Oceanlab's "On A Good Day". Also love "True Love (Craig Townsend Remix) " - Benya Ft. Sara Houston



12) Best Vocalist/Singer featured on Electronic Music track:
Neev Kennedy or Guisseppe De Luca or Zoe Johnston







13) Best Electronic Music Label:
Anjunabeats, Alter Ego, Elliptical Sun, OHM So much good labels to choose one.









14) Best Electronic Music Video:
I haven't watched a music video for a long time. Unfortunately I have no answer.

15) Best Online Social media for communication with your fans:
Facebook, Soundcloud, Twitter are my most utilized.

16) Best Twitter or Facebook message or Instagram message you received from a fan or friend or you have read on someone else’s account:
"Collab Bro?" lol I don't know. Mostly facebook messaged coming from artists saying thats for support from my podcast.

17) Best music composition software:
They are all good in their own right, but I have always used Ableton.

18) Best Club Event or Open Air Festival:
Sensations A Sea Of White, or ABGT big 50 events like 100, 150, 250 etc.

19) Best personal Dj Gig:
Played in Guangzhou, China for the "Illumi Run" neon paint party on the main stage. There was a total of 20,000 tickets sold. IT WAS INSANE playing in front of that many people.

20) Best Dj set of the year from other fellow Dj:
Spencer Tarring playing a massive set at all the "Storm Music Festivals" in China and South East Asia.

21) Best country that you have played in 2017 and where did you met the best festival/event crowd:
China.

22) Best Radio show or Artist Vlog?:
International Departures with Shane 54, ABGT





23) Best Radio station:
Not sure. Listen to a lot of spotify if not podcasts.

24) Best Online Record shop that you purchase your music:
Beatport, Itunes

25) Best music related website that you visit frequently:
1001tracklists.com

26) Best Smart phone or smart phone application:
Pyromusic it's China's "soundcloud"

27) Best Dj equipment (software or hardware):
CDJ's are the pro standard so I'd say they are best.

28) Best new sound or sample that has been used in Electronic Music this year perhaps introduced first by you?
Man, I have no idea how to answer this question. I almost feel that sounds are never like "I've never heard that sound before" anymore. There are so many genres that have been established for a while now with the post EDM/Festival boom that I feel people are wanting a more authentic or acoustic sound. Real instruments are seeming to have become increasingly popular lately. 

29) Best tip that you learnt this year for your Djing techniques or music composition:
In the Club, There is nothing wrong with DJing with bootlegs or transitional tracks to make it easier to mix faster between BPM's

30) Best piece of advice you got in relation to your career in 2017:
Don't sleep on momentum and also look back at where you were 6 months ago from where you are today. How much progress have you made? An equivocal amount to your whole previous years from when you started? You're on the right track! Keep it up!

31) Best hobby or activity that you spent a lot of time in 2017:
Badminton. I play competitively 2-3 times a week.

32) Best holiday destination for 2017 either to relax or to perform in a club or festival:
Bali for relaxing. Jakarta for Trance clubs. Transmission Music Fest in Asia is HUGE!!

33) Best Electronic Music magazines in printed form not online:
??? I have no idea.

34) Best Movie of the year that may inspire you to compose a track:
Blade Runner 2049

35) Best online/PC/video game of the year that you have played this year?
Star Wars Battlefront 2

36) Best soundtrack for video game of the year:
I have no idea. I honestly don't play video games besides old school games with emulators.

37) Best electronic music related joke you heard this year and make you still laugh:
Hmmm I have no idea. I am little disconnected living in China.

38) The saddest electronic music news you heard this year and still makes u cry:
Dash Berlin going mainstream future bass garbage and Tritonal too.



Dimitri: Finally, please tell our readers your plans with your future releases, tracks, albums, collaborations, Dj gigs.
Table 18: Collabs, I have a few in the works with people that have had bigger opportunities than myself up to this point. Look out for releases on Alter Ego, OHM Music and hopefully a few more Prog Trance labels that you know and love. DJ gigs are mostly in china but I have recently been talking to Trance Family Hong Kong. Trying to pull together an event soon.
Table 18: Omair Mirza reached out to me to make music for his label. He has really helped me with some new opportunities for the future. Thanks, mate!
Additional info: