07:24:00
A+ A-

REVIEW: Christina Novelli - Where We Began (Incl. Remixes / Acoustic Version) out on Garuda Music


Where We Began  is back! After its original release earlier this year, the acclaimed single from Christina Novelli gets a whole batch of brand-new versions. From the enchanting Acoustic Mix to a superb remix by MaHi and Steve Allen uplifting rendition, "Where We Began" is where the story picks up pace and leaves its listeners reeling for more.

Christina notes in her official facebook page:
"On January 13 2010, I started a Facebook music page. I was singing in pubs and trying to get a major record deal. I gigged every weekend with my band, and we came close so many times to "making it big". Although sometimes it was hard, as doors closed and opportunities were lost, I kept going. Writing and singing were in my blood.

In 2011 I met Roxanne at one of these gigs, she told me her brother was a DJ and that perhaps we should collaborate. I had NO idea about dance music at the time. It was around this time the incredible Dee Adam and I wrote Concrete Angel, and without me even knowing it, this record would change the course of my entire life.

Since 2012 I have been part of the dance community, I have been accepted in a way I never thought possible. I fell completely in love with dance music and all it represents. Although we may be judged for "drugs or partying" my God we are so much more than that! This is a place to feel accepted, and to come together because of a love of a music that inspires.

I've been able to work with some of the most amazing talents out there... Gaz of course, but also Dash, MaRLo, Ben Gold, Craig Connelly, Standerwick, Luke Bond, and so many others. To all of those I have worked with thank you so much. You gave me a platform to just be me! To write, and to create.

I now get to DJ the world, performing these records that changed my life, and singing a long to every word with people that although I haven't met yet, feel like my friends.

I wrote Where We Began the same week I wrote Concrete Angel. A lot DJs wanted to release this as a collaboration. I have kept it back for 4 years because I just knew one day I would get to put my name to this. Without each and everyone of you, I would not be able to do what I do. I am thankful from the bottom of my heart for the journey my life has taken.
This is my story... this is where I began".









Dimitri Kechagias review:
[review top="1"]
 [item value="10"]Beat and Rhythm[/item]
 [item value="10"]Basslines and Groove[/item]
 [item value="10"] Melody [/item]
 [item value="10"] Synths [/item]
 [item value="10"]Vocals and Lyrics[/item]
 [item value="10"]Breakdown[/item]
 [item value="10"]Climax  / Drop / Crescendo / Pay off moment[/item]
 [item value="10"]Intensity, Drive and Energy[/item]
 [item value="10"]Sound-design and Arrangement[/item]
 [item value="10"]Overall Atmosphere[/item]
 [item value="10"]Goosebumps / Shivers moments[/item]
 [item value="10"]Emotional affinity and heartfelt moments[/item]
 [item value="10"]Originality and Inventiveness[/item]
 [item value="10"]Dancefloor Efficiency / Festival Arenas Effectiveness[/item]
 [item value="10"]You can’t get this memorable track out of your head[/item]
 [item value="10"]It has potential to become an anthem or a classic[/item]
 [item value="10"]Christina Novelli - Where We Began remixes[/item]
 [content title="Summary" label="Overall Score"]The high class record label Garuda Music returns with an excellent remix package of Where We Began by the one and only singer and songwriter and DJ as well Christina Novelli. The original version is a powerful mainstage proglifting trancer with bouncy beats, thumping drums and big uplifting synths melted with piano chords and warm cinematic strings. MaHi version moves on the classic melodic warm progressive trance sound with pulsating basslines, driving grooves, summery sunkissed synths and of course the melodramatic piano chords along with orchestral strings for the ultimate warm up vocal trance experience. Steve Allen from the well known trance duo Allen & Envy unleashes powerful energetic metallic grooves, bouncy driving basslines,  and fantastic breakdown with luscious atmosphere, mesmerizing strings along with Christina's heartfelt performance that awake your soul and inspire you to start dreaming for a brand new start in the new promising year. The climax is full on uplifting trance goodness with anthemic sounds for the ultimate epic trance climax. #PureGold Love It[/content]
[/review]

Additional info: