05:00:00
A+ A-

BEST OF 2015 Interview with DJ & producer Basil O'Glue from Greece


Dimitri: Can you mention your biggest achievements in your music career in 2015?

Basil O'Glue: To be honest, I don't think I've been quite productive in 2015 in comparison with the past years. "Will To Believe" was released back in February at Saturate Audio, "Seven Sages", on Touchstone Recordings, my collaboration EP with Styller "Novus Ordo" and "Overlaid" my remix for Sundrowner Titans, and finally my collaboration with Solarstone "Infatuation" was featured in Pure Trance 4. Also there is my upcoming debut EP on J00F "Years Of Innocence" (Nov 30th). I could say my collab with Solarstone was the highlight of the year regarding my productions. About DJing, I played in Manchester, Bratislava, Ibiza, Amsterdam, Montreal and LA.



Dimitri: Do you like to cook? What is the best recipe that you cooked this year? If you don’t usually cook who is cooking it for you and which is your best food for 2015?

Basil O'Glue: I really love cooking. Eating too... My favourite recipe is really hard to tell. Maybe "gemista" (stuffed veggies), or Pizza 



                                                     Best of 2015 by Basil O'Glue
1) Best Track:
Probably "Moments" By "Dimension"



2) Best Artist (Dj & producer):
Dimension



3) Best Remix:
 Max Graham - Redemption (Tim Penner Remix) and Andre Sobota - Signal (DNYO Remix)





4) Best Remixer:
Gai Barone is always doing amazing job on remixes




5) Best Electronic Music Album:
Guy J - The Trees, The Sea & The Sun



6) Best Electronic Music Compilation:
Pure Trance V4



7) Best Online Social media for communication with your fans:
Twitter

8) Best Club Event or Open Air Festival:
Luminosity Beach Festival





9) Best personal Dj Gig:
My B2B set with Solid Stone @ Penthouse, Montreal [10.16.15] was awesome



10) Best Dj set of the year from other fellow Dj:
Wellenrausch B2B Styller (2015-11-07) Bratislava



11) Best country that you have visited to perform with the most up for it crowd:
Canada

12) Best Radio show:
Pure Trance radio by Solarstone and Patterns by Gai Barone





13) Best Radio station:
DI.FM

14) Best Online Record shop that you purchase your music:
Beatport

15) Best tip that you learnt this year for your Djing techniques or music composition:
Not to prepare too much for dj gigs

16) Best hobby or activity that you spent a lot of time in 2015:
Not a lot of free time for other hobbies than music.



17) Best holiday destination for 2015 that you manage to visit this year either to relax or to perform in a club or festival:
Hollywood was fun

18) Best online/PC/video game of the year that you have played this year?
I played for some days (and that’s all) Football Manager 2015

Dimitri: Finally, 2016 is ahead of us would you like to tell your plans with your future releases, tracks, albums, collaborations, Dj gigs.

Basil O’Glue: I wish I will have more free time to produce in 2016. I will try a move to more trance sounds than my regular deep progressive . When I say trance I don't mean bigroom stuff, but old school trance.






Thanks so much to Basil O'Glue for finding the time to reply in this interview


Additional info: